I haven't seen or heard any Alice in Chains since they got their new singer, but I can vouch that he is a pretty badass singer and guitarist.  He was in some good bands in Atlanta in the '80s and '90s.  No Walls, Neon Christ, and a few others. The No Walls cd is worth tracking down.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the GNR show Friday. Will check back in with a review. First concert I ever went to was GNR in 93. Then saw Axl's first comeback on 01-01-01 in Vegas at the House of Blues. Clips looked fun from last weekend.

I saw them in '91 (Greensboro or Charlotte, can't remember which) and Roanoke in '93. Would've nice to see them in the late 80s but the shows were still good (even though Izzy had left shortly after '91 show).

Very reasonable.

I notice that Alice in Chains are are on the bill with them this weekend in Vegas. Has anyone here even attempted to listen to and Alice  since Staley died?

AIC are still very good. They pop up on a lot of those festival shows on Palladia (or whatever its called now). William Duval sang with the MC5 reunion on a show & was excellent. There's a cd/dvd out with them & Primal Scream that is worth hunting down. Jerry Cantrell looks like an insurance salesman now. The man can still play & was really the songwriter in AIC. Hope they get to open the tour. Would be a nice payday for them. Duff & Jerry are buds who are hardcore 12th Man Seahawk fans. Attend games together.

AIC are still very good. They pop up on a lot of those festival shows on Palladia (or whatever its called now). William Duval sang with the MC5 reunion on a show & was excellent. There's a cd/dvd out with them & Primal Scream that is worth hunting down. Jerry Cantrell looks like an insurance salesman now. The man can still play & was really the songwriter in AIC. Hope they get to open the tour. Would be a nice payday for them. Duff & Jeffy are buds who are hardcore 12th Man Seahawk fans. Attend games together.

Cool, I'll check some of this stuff out. Didn't Duff play with AIC for a spell after Layne's death?

I just read that Duff might be writing a bio on Alice in Chains. Never knew there was any connection - though I don't follow either band much. Did put some Alice in Chains on hold at my library, though.

That's odd. There is a book called Alice In Chains: The Untold Story. I have not read it though. I wouldn't be surprised if Sebastian Bach pops up there somewhere. I believe he and Axl are close. 

And he did:

My Michelle 

Axl looks like a character from one those wasteland movies from the 80s in that throne deal. 

Edited by Analogman

nuf said

6hnbeq.jpg

Whoa...Time the avenger

I was reading in the Trib this morning how Axl Rose broke his foot and is confined to a wheelchair on stage.  I realized I am not now, nor have I have been interested in Guns n' Roses. 

LouieB

I haven't noticed the sweating/heavy breathing, but come one, it's 23 years later (at least) since he was flying around the stage and looking fit, lean, and healthy. I'd imagine 23 years on any of us is going to show some slowing down, weight gain, etc....

Does anyone know if they are playing "One in a Million" this tour?

I guess he has looked that way for a while. I'm not trying to be hard on the guy - I am honestly wondering about his health. He appears to be sweating a lot in the live video posted above, and it looks like he is pretty winded at times (35 secs in is the first time I see it).

The list of performers who are significantly older than Axl who do not have breathing/sweating/weight problems is long. Dylan, Mick, Pete and Roger, the guys in Aerosmith, Tom Petty - the list goes on. The list of people who appear to struggle physically though a performance at his age (54) is not real long - Meatloaf, Axl, maybe a few others.

Does anyone know if they are playing "One in a Million" this tour?

I'm pretty sure it was almost never played live, maybe a few times in late 80s....and I don't think they are playing in now, either.