• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Axl Rose Pipes Up On GNR Message Boards

Axl Rose

December 12, 2008 11:29 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

He's yet to grant an interview about Guns N' Roses' recently released "Chinese Democracy," but last night (Dec. 11) Axl Rose broke his silence by answering questions on the message boards of popular GNR Web sites MyGNR.com and Here Today ... Gone to Hell.

Rose addressed a wide range of topics, including the status of his relationships with former members of the band, several specific songs from "Chinese Democracy" and whether guitarists Buckethead and Robin Finkc would one day return to GNR.

"What I can say now is you've been told a lot of things in order for others to promote themselves that factually they cannot backup in regard to either," Rose said when asked for his opinion on why the original lineup fell apart. "They are complicated legally, financially and have devoured a good portion of my life."

Rose added that he was recently sued by Duff McKagan and Slash over a merchandising issue "that I was unaware and not involved in. Fortunately that was resolved but it got ugly and took a while going into arbitration."

The artist did not directly address what exactly took so long for "Chinese Democracy," which was started in the mid-1990s, to be released. But he did acknowledge there is a wealth of additional material that could potentially be released in its wake.

"For now we'll concentrate and keep our focus on this album but I will say I've always thought of it as a double," he said of "Chinese Democracy." Earlier, he told fans that a video for the new album's "Better" would be released "in a week or so."

When one fan took Rose to task for steadfastly avoiding the press, he responded, "What I have to say a lot of people have no desire to hear." Another fan tore into Rose for his reclusive lifestyle and what he deemed fan-unfriendly behavior, to which Rose replied, "Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions."

"Chinese Democracy" was finally released Nov. 23 as a Best Buy exclusive. It debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 261,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, but slumped to No. 18 this week with 57,000.

Link to thread - MyGNR.com.

Link to thread - Here Today ... Gone to Hell.

When one fan took Rose to task for steadfastly avoiding the press, he responded, "What I have to say a lot of people have no desire to hear." Another fan tore into Rose for his reclusive lifestyle and what he deemed fan-unfriendly behavior, to which Rose replied, "Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions."

I admit I like this part here.

Correctamundo. Give that and the Guns album to someone you don't really like this Christmas.

I did not buy the GNR cd, I just listened to in online. I hope Axl makes some bread though - after all the money spent on making the album.

I did not buy the GNR cd, I just listened to in online. I hope Axl makes some bread though - after all the money spent on making the album.

Making money? Fuck him, there are plenty Hollywood types feeding him and his ego...believe me, he doesn't need the cash.