I don't care what they look like. I am just curious if they can still bring the rock. It seems hard to believe now that such music was ever mainstream.

I am may have said this before - but I recall seeing flyers for them around Hollywood back in the day. I don't think I ever saw the band though.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the other day that this may be similar to the Black Sabbath ownership story. Tony was at one point the sole owner of the name (or whatever legal term they use) and Ozzy took issue with that. I have to think that had something to do with their reunion work of the last few years. I think Axl owns the GNR name. I wonder if he had to give some of that up to get Slash and Duff to do the tour. 

I was thinking the other day that this may be similar to the Black Sabbath ownership story. Tony was at one point the sole owner of the name (or whatever legal term they use) and Ozzy took issue with that. I have to think that had something to do with their reunion work of the last few years. 

that must have changed somewhere down the line, because when i saw Tony w/ Geezer and Dio in 2009, they were billed as Heaven and Hell, and not Black Sabbath (heard it was due to Sharon O's posturing, meaning that somehow she (and Ozzy) had gotten legal ownership of the band's name).

I think that was because of RJD and they made some sort of pact not to use the Black Sabbath name when he was in the band (again). He was not too fond of Ozzy you may recall. Or maybe they had some sort of settlement with Tony before that - as you say. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bet these tickets will go for some big money:

Welcome back to the jungle! Guns N’ Roses returns to the stage opening weekend at T-­Mobile Arena in Las Vegas April 8 & 9. Tickets go on-­sale Saturday at 10am.
  • 2 months later...

TONIGHT.
GUNS N’ ROSES.
Back where it all began…

Get your ticket at Gibson Brands on Sunset, formally known as Tower Records.
8801 Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood.
A limited amount of tixs will be released at noon.

10Bucks.
1 Per Person.
Cash Only.
Non transferable.
No Cameras inside the event.

TROUBADOUR.
TONIGHT

TONIGHT.

GUNS N’ ROSES.

Back where it all began…

Get your ticket at Gibson Brands on Sunset, formally known as Tower Records.

8801 Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood.

A limited amount of tixs will be released at noon.

10Bucks.

1 Per Person.

Cash Only.

Non transferable.

No Cameras inside the event.

TROUBADOUR.

TONIGHT

This would be a terrible April Fools joke.

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/title/tonight--guns-n-roses

I was at work today and heard on the local classic rock radio station that the GnR Tour will be almost exclusively stadiums. Not Lucas Oil in Indy. 

I still say if it ain't Axl Slash Duff Izzy Steven it's gonna be a hard nut to sell that many tickets. All 5 of em - possibly doable.

I saw some photos by way of Rolling Stone - so the show did happen last night.

The show featured GNR classics like “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Paradise City,” covers of Wings’ “Live and Let Die,” Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door,” The Who’s “The Seeker” and the band’s first ever take on The Damned’s “New Rose,” plus even a couple songs from the band’s 2008 record, Chinese Democracy. See the full setlist and a clip of closer “Paradise City” below. Along with the founding trio, the band consisted of keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardist Melissa Reese.

Guns N’ Roses
Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA

It’s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome to the Jungle, Double Talkin’ Jive, Live and Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Speak Softly Love, Sweet Child O’ Mine, New Rose, Better, Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, My Michelle, Nightrain

Enc: The Seeker, Paradise City

mountain bed I have a feeling they will have no problem selling out the shows

Lammy I bought upper deck for $45 a ticket plus fees.

Very reasonable.

I notice that Alice in Chains are are on the bill with them this weekend in Vegas. Has anyone here even attempted to listen to and Alice  since Staley died?

I'm going to the GNR show Friday. Will check back in with a review. First concert I ever went to was GNR in 93. Then saw Axl's first comeback on 01-01-01 in Vegas at the House of Blues. Clips looked fun from last weekend.

Tickets are pretty nuts for the tour though. While there are nosebleeds for $45 the entire first bowl of these stadiums is around $250.