Saw this on another message board:

Guns N’ Roses fans who have hit cinemas this weekend to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens are getting a pleasant surprise. According to several eyewitnesses, including one of our editors, three brief clips of “Welcome to the Jungle” are being played over black-and-white crowd footage during the pre-trailers programming – with no further explanation.

In other words, either something big is up with Guns N’ Roses, or they’re going for the world record in classic rock trolling. Combined with the band’s recent website redesign, these new videos make it seem clear that the group is teasing a major announcement, although there’s no indication of exactly what’s in store yet.

On Thursday, Guns N’ Roses updated the cover and profile photos on their Facebook page with black-and-white shots of a crowd similar to the one in the videos, including the one embedded below. There is no explanation given.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Billboard:

Guns N’ Roses, with founding members Axl Rose and Slash, will headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., set for April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to multiple sources. The reunited band is also negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016, and is scheduled to be one of the first acts to play the new Las Vegas Arena, set to open April 6. Guns N' Roses is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250-$275 range.

Figured Izzy wouldn't do it....His stuff with the Ju Ju Hounds is quite good, especially the first one. Has a Keith /Expensive Winos feel to it....

Man I love that. It's not on Spotify and that pisses me off. Izzy is pretty unpredictable I guess

I'm curious about this. Paradise City, Sweet Child and Patience are classics IMHO. Maybe the best songs to come out of the 80's. I would never go see these guys though. Axle just seems like a mess and obviously can't sing, Slash is excellent and it's too bad he's never found a gig outside of corp. alt. rock. I totally see why Izzy isn't involved. This is all not to mention their infamous of going on stage at 1am for a 8pm show. Ugh.

BTW, anyone like Use Your Illusion? Civil War was okay as was Yesterdays. November Rain was awful. Don't Cry was no too far behind. We heard a lot of this in the Midwest. Boy did they like their butt-rock :)

I'm curious about this. Paradise City, Sweet Child and Patience are classics IMHO. Maybe the best songs to come out of the 80's. I would never go see these guys though. Axle just seems like a mess and obviously can't sing, Slash is excellent and it's too bad he's never found a gig outside of corp. alt. rock. I totally see why Izzy isn't involved. This is all not to mention their infamous of going on stage at 1am for a 8pm show. Ugh.

BTW, anyone like Use Your Illusion? Civil War was okay as was Yesterdays. November Rain was awful. Don't Cry was no too far behind. We heard a lot of this in the Midwest. Boy did they like their butt-rock :)

I like it:

Don't Damn Me

Dead Horse

You Aint the First

Coma

All good to me

Hard to imagine how a person (Izzy) would not do this...he stands to make $5-10 Mill in his pocket...wtf.  I know that Izzy is a bit different and actually left band when they were at their biggest.

I like the Illusion albums, as well, although there are some throw-aways on them. Good tunes, as mentioned above, plus:

The Garden

Estranged

Breakdown

Locomotive

Bad Obsession

Pretty Tied Up

You Could Be Mine

Bad Apples

Double Talkin' Jive

I stand by it!   :stunned

You should. As far as whole LPs go, I would think Appetite pretty much defines the best of popular 80s hard rock, it's the one that many will think of for that era. Much like, say, LZ IV was for the 70s. Or Metallica's Black Album was for the 90s.

Are those my favorites? Nope. But they certainly DO represent a benchmark of sorts for the culture.

well, there were a LOT of great songs from the '80s....

these three (which don't even include "Welcome To The Jungle"!?!) are the best of the decade?

Paradise City, Sweet Child and Patience are classics IMHO. Maybe the best songs to come out of the 80's. 

did Lenny Kravitz write these lyrics?

Take me down to the paradise city
Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Take me home (oh won't you please take me home)
Take me down to the paradise city
Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Take me home (oh won't you please take me home)

notwithstanding the fact that some people paid attention to the lyrics, let's just match up hard rock against hard rock... (albeit "Patience" is anything but... i can't believe that song is over six minutes long.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnN6T3O7jww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Dfo4zDduI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU

My point was that I pretty much hated 80s pop music and those 3 G-n-R tunes were a bright exception.  So to me, they are some of the best tunes of the 80s.  THE best songs...probably not.  At that time I was steeped in classic rock and beginning to fall into the Dead abyss.

nuf said

6hnbeq.jpg

I feel bad for the guy that fellow human beings post this kind of thing about him. A posed picture from his 20's that was probably photo shopped compared with a photo from 20 years later when he is probably in the middle of entertaining a crowd and screen grabbed for the purpose of ridicule. I know pictures of me wouldn't be kind.