Vibes Request for Grinnell

Some of you may remember when I posted about a student, Paul Shuman-Moore going missing from Grinnell in September. Yesterday a body was found in the Grinnell country club pool and today police officially identified it as Paul's.

I was not one of Paul's closest friends, but I did play music with him a few times, and had some very interesting and good discussions about left-field music, free jazz, and sound experimentation. He was someone with a very open and interesting mind for music, and I only wish he had the chance to pursue that farther.

I'd just like to request your vibes and thoughts for Grinnell--which is a small school and certainly been strongly effected by this whole event, for those especially close to Paul when he was here, and for his friends and family back in Chicago who tirelessly worked to try and search and reach out to him.

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Speed Racer

Geez, I know a lot of folks at Grinnell, some of whom knew him. I also know a bunch of folks here from Iowa who just follow that news, so I've been keeping up on it. Didn't hear about this, though. I'm sorry for your loss, Eric.

Very sad and sorry to hear about this last night, but, on some level, I think it is nice to finally have some closure. We had a similar situation here recently with a kid I knew from a couple classes and it got a lot easier after they found the body and everybody finally stopped speculating.

Sorry to hear about this :(

A probably dumb question though: Has nobody looked/dipped into the Country Club pool since September?!

That seemed very strange and sad to me as well. I'm sure questions are being asked on that score. :no

well after the end of August - most pools in this area of the country and drained and covered for the winter. So, no one was using the pool - and I would assume not too many people look under the tarp very often. It does still seem odd though that so much time has passed.

My condolences to family and friends of Paul - I hope you are able to get some answers and closure now.

:no

So sorry to hear this. Sending vibes from Kansas. :(

Very sad. What I had not remembered until I read the article in the paper today is that he graduated from the same school in Chicago that my kids (have gone) go to - Northside College Prep. In fact he may have graduated with Rosie since they are the same age...not sure.

LouieB

Thanks again.

I'm sure there will be some questions about why no one checked the pool (it's so close to campus and they searched everywhere else), but I think that the search both here and by the family really was about as extensive as one could hope for. Hopefully this will be closure for everyone involved, even if it isn't the kind anyone would have wanted, and hopefully it will encourage people to take care of themselves and those around them.