Good news for U2 fans..

Right, but the makeup of that tracklisting isn't exclusively 'U2 and...' which made me think of that one. 'Stars Go Blue', too. I bet you're right. They'll throw his duet w/Glen Hansard from Sgt. Shriver's service on there. If they can edit out his lyrical miscue at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

I don't recall hearing anything about this until now:

'Killing Bono' Soundtrack To Feature Pre-U2 Song From Group

The rock'n'roll comedy is based on the lives of the two schoolmates who left the band that would eventually become U2. In the film, Neil McCormick and his brother Ivan leave Dublin for London in the early 1980s to become bigger than U2. The film chronicles U2's career from high school up through their landmark, multimillion-selling album "The Joshua Tree."

Besides the Hype tune, the soundtrack features the vocals and arrangements of Irish singer-songwriter Joe Echo, who earned a Grammy nomination for collaborating with Madonna on "Celebration." Ben Barnes and Robert Sheehan, the actors who portray Neil and Ivan McCormick, perform on the soundtrack.

A re-issued version of Neil McCormick's memoir "I was Bono's Doppelganger," which the movie is based upon, will be repackaged as "Killing Bono" and released on March 31.

That guy must have been mentioned in the U2 books I have read, but I can't place him at the moment.

I don't recall hearing anything about this until now:

'Killing Bono' Soundtrack To Feature Pre-U2 Song From Group

That guy must have been mentioned in the U2 books I have read, but I can't place him at the moment.

I have his book. It's not bad. Kind of shows their lives in parallel and how he thought it should have been him and his band getting the fame. It could have been really annoying, but it wasn't. Good read.

• 1 month later...

Even Better Than The Real Thing just opened up U2's 360 Tour in Argentina. Not only is it the 1st time that it has been played on this tour, but it's also been 10 years. I was actually at that last show in Boston on June 9th.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X032Su4URhQ

Sounds pretty good. It helps that it's from the news broadcast.

Even Better Than The Real Thing just opened up U2's 360 Tour in Argentina. Not only is it the 1st time that it has been played on this tour, but it's also been 10 years. I was actually at that last show in Boston on June 9th.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X032Su4URhQ

Sounds pretty good. It helps that it's from the news broadcast.

Bono's voice is even weaker thsn his hair piece :) Sure it will sound better going forward.

U2 They Fell From The Sky fanmade collection of new songs from 360 Tour

Now this is what should have been put out by U2.com.

Anyways, there are 6 great live recordings of the following "new" songs: The Return Of The Stingray Guitar, Every Breaking Wave, North Star, Glastonbury, Mercy, and A Boy Falls From The Sky (from Spider-Man).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKsPbvOgPnQ

So U2 has performed Zooropa in full twice now in Brazil. This makes its grand total 5 times it has been performed live. It was performed 3 times during U2's Zooropa tour in 1993 during their London dates. It was started from the "and I have no compass" part. It's nice to see them fully embrace this song. This tour has actually shaped up quite nicely. A lot of different songs (and new ones too) in the mix over 2 years. And they haven't hit North America again yet.

Bono brought up Seu Jorge for an acoustic performance of The Model tonight in Brazil which is being broadcast for U2.com subscribers. I don't have a membership anymore, but I have found a Ustream cell phone feed that is actually pretty damn good looking and sounding.

I may make the trip to see them in July in Montreal, even if that venue looks huge. It's an abandoned racetrack.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was some discussion about the Seattle show a while back (stadiums v. arenas, ticket prices, etc.) Wondering what anyone/everyone who saw this show thought. Was it Auctioneer?

• 1 month later...

I looks like they may get one of these reissues right. Pretty excited about the demo and alternate take disc and the fact that they recognize that we may not be interested in nine remixes of 'Mysterious Ways' -- I've never been a fan of the remixes.

"Achtung Baby turns twenty in November with an anniversary edition featuring previously unreleased songs and new documentary set for release.

It was, said Robert Hilburn of the LA Times, 'U2's daring descent into darkness' while Jon Pareles of the New York Times wrote that 'stripped-down and defying its old formulas, U2 has given itself a fighting chance for the 1990's.'

U2 fans will remember that, for Bono, it was 'the sound of four men chopping down The Joshua Tree'.

Twenty years ago U2 released Achtung Baby which went on to win the Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance and became one of the most significant records of the nineties and of U2’s career.

Recorded over six months at Hansa Studio in Berlin and Windmill Lane in Dublin, Achtung Baby is U2’s seventh studio album. Produced by long time U2 collaborators, Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno with Steve Lillywhite, Achtung Baby was engineered by Flood and led by The Fly. With four other singles, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than The Real Thing and Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

In 2011, an anniversary edition of Achtung Baby, now all grown up, is due for release on October 31st.

The Achtung Baby archives have unearthed some previously unreleased songs from the recording sessions. With a raft of unreleased material; video, remixes, b-sides and documentary footage discovered, a full album of demo and early versions of the final 1991 tracklisting has also been revealed.

Five physical editions including vinyl, CD, DVD and digital options will be made available. Full details of all formats here.

A version of From The Sky Down (Davis Guggenheim) will also be made available in the release, following its premiere as the opening film at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 8th. In the film U2 return to Hansa studios to discuss the making of Achtung Baby.

---and---

Twenty years ago, Bono described Achtung Baby as 'the sound of four men chopping down The Joshua Tree' while Jon Pareles of the New York Times wrote that 'stripped-down and defying its old formulas, U2 has given itself a fighting chance for the 1990's'. The album won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance and became one of the most significant records of the nineties and of U2’s career.

To mark twenty years since its 1991 release, an anniversary edition of U2’sAchtung Baby is due on October 31, 2011.

Recorded over six months at Hansa Studio in Berlin and Windmill Lane in Dublin,Achtung Baby is U2’s seventh studio album. Produced by long time U2 collaborators, Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno with Steve Lillywhite, Achtung Babywas engineered by Flood and led by The Fly. The album spawned four other singles, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than The Real Thing and Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

The Achtung Baby archives have unearthed some previously unreleased songs from the recording sessions. With a raft of unreleased material; video, remixes, b-sides and documentary footage discovered, a full album of demo and early versions of the final 1991 tracklisting has also been revealed. Five physical editions including vinyl, CD, DVD and digital options will be made available.

Earlier this year U2 returned to Hansa Studio in Berlin to discuss Achtung Baby in From The Sky Down, directed by Academy Award winning director Davis Guggenheim (Waiting for Superman, An Inconvenient Truth). The film has been selected to open the Toronto International Film Festival on September 8th and will be included in the anniversary edition."

Most U2 fans know that the "leaked" tapes of Achtung Baby were released on a 3 cd bootleg set called Axtung Beibei or some other variations. Without looking at the tracklists I can tell you that songs such as Doctor Doctor, Heaven & Hell, Black Mask, Salome (b-side), Where Did It All Go Wrong? (another b-side), I Feel Free etc should appear. It will be nice to have these officially.

I think the bonus footage will be a pro shot Zoo TV Outside Broadcast show from Washington, D.C. It's a different show than the Zoomerang (Zoo TV Sydney) show already on dvd which looks to be included in this box set as well.

Also, there were rumors that Zooropa would be getting the same treatment in 2013.

...there's an even crazier 7 disc version of the so-called "Salome" or "Hansa" bootleg that includes backing tracks, but this sounds a bit different. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though. I have heard alternative studio versions of "One" and "Until The End of the World" and here's hoping this extra disc moves more in this direction than in the "Heaven & Hell" direction. To me, the "Heaven & Hell" and "I Feel Free" recordings sound like more involved improvisations than songs.

Just saw this. While I'm excited, even the regular deluxe edition is going to be $125. I'll probably opt for the 2 disc version. also sucks they're reselling us the Zoo TV live from Sydney show.

Full track list of the Uber Deluxe version.

The limited numbered Uber Deluxe Box Set contains:

• Limited edition numbered lithograph

• Gatefold wallet containing 6 CD audio discs

• Gatefold wallet containing 4 DVD discs

• Album vinyl on 180gsm black vinyl in wide spine sleeve with 2 x inner bags

• 5×7” clear vinyl in original sleeves housed in a slipcase

• 84pg hardback book

• 16pg 12×12 oversized booklet

• Branded sunglasses

• 4 x enamel badges

• Propaganda magazine

• 16 art prints in wallet

• Sticker sheet

THIS BOX SET CONTAINS A LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED LITHOGRAPH

Please note that the Uber Deluxe Box Set is limited to one purchase per-person.

A limited, numbered uber Deluxe Edition is a magnetic puzzle tiled box containing 6 CDs including the original Achtung Baby album, the follow-up album, Zooropa, B-sides and re-workings of previously unheard material recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions. 4DVDs including “From The Sky Down”, Zoo TV, all the videos from Achtung Baby plus bonus material. Also 5 clear 7” vinyl singles in their original sleeves, 16 art prints taken from the original album sleeve, an 84-page hardback book, a copy of Propaganda magazine, 4 badges, a sticker sheet, and a pair of Bono’s trademark “The Fly” sunglasses.

Track Listing:

• Track Listing Not Final

CD1 - Achtung Baby

01. Zoo Station

02. Even Better Than The Real Thing

03. One

04. Until The End Of The World

05. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

06. So Cruel

07. The Fly

08. Mysterious Ways

09. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World

10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

11. Acrobat

12. Love Is Blindness

CD2 - Zooropa

01. Zooropa

02. Babyface

03. Numb (The Edge)

04. Lemon

05. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

06. Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car

07. Some Days Are Better Than Others

08. The First Time

09. Dirty Day (Bono and The Edge)

10. The Wanderer

CD3 - Uber Remixes

01. Night and Day (Steel string remix)

02. Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)

03. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)

04. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)

05. Can’t help falling in love (Triple peaks Remix)

06. Lady with the spinning head (extended Dance remix)

07. Real Thing (V16 Exit Wound Remix)

08. Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)

09. The Lounge fly mix

10. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)

11. One (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [s-109]

CD4 - Unter Remixes

01. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix)

02. Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)

03. Can’t help Falling in Love (Mystery Train Dub)

04. One (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [s-109]

05. Lemon (Momo’s Reprise)

06. Salome (Zooromancer Remix)

07. Real Thing (Trance Mix)

08. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)

09. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic hour Remix)

10. Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)

11. Real Thing (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)

02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711

03. Salome

04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)

05. Satelite of love

06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)

07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711

08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)

09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.

10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)

11. Paint it black

12. Fortunate Son

13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova

14. Where did it all go wrong

15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3

16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

CD6 - “Baby” Actung Baby

01. “Baby” Zoo Station

02. “Baby” Even Better Than The Real Thing

03. “Baby” One

04. “Baby” Until The End Of The World

05. “Baby” Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

06. “Baby” So Cruel

07. “Baby” The Fly

08. “Baby” Mysterious Ways

09. “Baby” Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World

10. “Baby” Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

11. “Baby” Acrobat

12. “Baby” Love Is Blindness

Achtung Baby 12" Vinyl

SIDE A

01. Zoo Station

02. Even Better Than The Real Thing

03. One

SIDE B

01. Until The End of The World

02. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horse*

03. So cruel

SIDE C

01. The Fly

02. Mysterious Way

03. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World

SIDE D

01. Ultra Violet

02. Acrobat

03. Love Is Blindness

5 x 7” Vinyl Singles

01. Fly

02. Mysterious Ways

03. Real Thing

04. One

05. Wild Horses

DVD

01. From The Sky Down – a documentary

02. Videos

03. Bonus Material

04. ZooTV Live From Sydney – the concert

Ugh...Some very interesting things here, however I'm a bit wary about all the "edits" ("needs an edit"?

A little extra for you (early version of "Blow Your House")--that's earlier Jimmy Iovine for all you 'Idol' fans out there:

Redpillbox beat me to it!

Most U2 fans know that the "leaked" tapes of Achtung Baby were released on a 3 cd bootleg set called Axtung Beibei or some other variations. Without looking at the tracklists I can tell you that songs such as Doctor Doctor, Heaven & Hell, Black Mask, Salome (b-side), Where Did It All Go Wrong? (another b-side), I Feel Free etc should appear. It will be nice to have these officially.

I think the bonus footage will be a pro shot Zoo TV Outside Broadcast show from Washington, D.C. It's a different show than the Zoomerang (Zoo TV Sydney) show already on dvd which looks to be included in this box set as well.

Also, there were rumors that Zooropa would be getting the same treatment in 2013.

...there's an even crazier 7 disc version of the so-called "Salome" or "Hansa" bootleg that includes backing tracks, but this sounds a bit different. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though. I have heard alternative studio versions of "One" and "Until The End of the World" and here's hoping this extra disc moves more in this direction than in the "Heaven & Hell" direction. To me, the "Heaven & Hell" and "I Feel Free" recordings sound like more involved improvisations than songs.

Looks like Disc 6 (“Baby” Actung Baby) includes the best of these tracks. Kind of a demos disc. But some of them show up on the B-Sides and Bonus tracks disc:

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

Maybe cleaned up and finished version of those Berlin tracks?

Blow your house down:

http://youtu.be/21_wcOL7Vmk

http://youtu.be/mCTtTQivBbw

Heaven and Hell

http://youtu.be/WqHQ-OVO0Xo

Redpillbox, that old version of Blow Your House Down sounds a lot like All Because Of You. I think A-man knows this, but I bought all 4 volumes of the VHS Rattle & Hum outtakes at a record show in the mid 90s. For whatever reason when I got home to play them they had 0 audio. I will download those R & H Outtakes at some point onto dvd via bit torrents.

Looks like Disc 6 (“Baby” Actung Baby) includes the best of these tracks. Kind of a demos disc. But some of them show up on the B-Sides and Bonus tracks disc:

@j: Yeah, I really wonder what the "Baby" Achtung Baby is all about. This could be the gem of the lot? I also get the feeling that that track list wasn't ready for mass publication yet...

@u2roolz: :D I had all those outtakes on VHS too and just trashed them about a year ago. If memory serves, the most rare of the lot was a rough cut of the final movie that included fully edited pieces that weren't part of the outtake volumes and were eventually cut from the final version. You know, off the top of your head, if this is out there on bit torrent?

If any place has it it would be here: http://u2torrents.com/index

I don't see it listed now, but I swear that they had all of the Rattle & Hum outtakes.

Try here http://u2start.com/torrents/ or U2 Interference Forums.

Actually, it looks like U2's team may have had them removed at some point. There's a dead link to it from Interference on the u2torrents site.