Good news for U2 fans..

It can be found by going to Google and putting the following in the search box: no line on the horizon torrent. One can also simply go to The Pirate Bay or Demonoid, which are two popular places to download illegal copies of new albums, and do a search there. By doing this, you will probably prevent U2 from buying another island.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Just finished my first listen. The album has some odd moments, but I enjoyed it. The track placement of Get on Your Boots is odd. I was hoping to love "White as Snow" but it didn't do much for me.

Standout tracks for me, other than Get on Your Boots: Breathe, No Line on the Horizon and Stand Up Comedy.

Solid album. Hints of "Pop" and "Achtung Baby" but certainly not a return to those albums.

Now I just need to decide if I'm willing to shell out the $70+ for the boxed set or go with the digi-pack......................

I think the box set is ridiculously overpriced. The only advantage it seems is that the mid-priced deluxe edition (in both digital and CD formats) comes with the download of the Anton Corbijn film they've been touting, whereas the box set comes with the DVD.

I got the HTDAAB box set on ebay after the fuss died down for maybe $20, so I'm not in any hurry to buy the box set of this one. I'm waiting to see what the iTunes bonus tracks are before I decide which version(s) I'll buy.

Just finished my first listen. The album has some odd moments, but I enjoyed it. The track placement of Get on Your Boots is odd. I was hoping to love "White as Snow" but it didn't do much for me.

Standout tracks for me, other than Get on Your Boots: Breathe, No Line on the Horizon and Stand Up Comedy.

Solid album. Hints of "Pop" and "Achtung Baby" but certainly not a return to those albums.

Now I just need to decide if I'm willing to shell out the $70+ for the boxed set or go with the digi-pack......................

White As Snow really grew on me...now it's one of my favorites.

i also love Unknown Caller, the title track, and Moment of Surrender.

the only three i am not really crazy about are Crazy Tonight, Boots, and Stand Up - they seem like the obligatory pop songs to appease the record execs.

Crazy Tonight is def my least fave on here other than Boots...

while i like this more than their last 2, i'd still say it's no better than a 6.5-7/10 record, which i guess at this stage in their career should be considered a huge success.

i'd still say it's no better than a 6.5-7/10 record, which i guess at this stage in their career should be considered a huge success.

Do you really mean this?

I dont even like U2, but how could any fan of any band really think this? What's the point of liking a band if you don't think they can do better than above average?

ETA: and no, I am not looking to be the guy who doesn't like U2 in the U2 thread. I was just lurking and thought that was an odd statement (regardless of the band).

Do you really mean this?

I dont even like U2, but how could any fan of any band really think this? What's the point of liking a band if you don't think they can do better than above average?

ETA: and no, I am not looking to be the guy who doesn't like U2 in the U2 thread. I was just lurking and thought that was an odd statement (regardless of the band).

last i checked, 6.5-7/10 *IS* above average (5/10)... that's a 3-3.5/5 star rating...

the last two i'd certainly put closer to average or below, no question (esp Atomic Bomb)

the last album of theirs i'd score above an 8/10 would be Achtung, 18 years ago. i'd certainly put Zooropa and Pop ahead of No Line at this point (time will tell i guess, but i'm thinking no)

I think he meant it was significantly better than expected.

exactly. meaning it's not cringeworthy for me like much of the last 2 were.

and I actually might shell out some cash to see them again on this upcoming tour (depends on the pricing/venues i guess), which I didn't do the last time around as a result.

last i checked, 6.5-7/10 *IS* above average (5/10)... that's a 3-3.5/5 star rating...

the last two i'd certainly put closer to average or below, no question (esp Atomic Bomb)

I know it is. And you said that you thought that 6.5/7.0 is the best they can do at this stage in their career. So I am surprised you would be interested in a band that can do no better than above average.

But Norbs/Bunk cleared it up, if I just misunderstood.

I know it is. And you said that you thought that 6.5/7.0 is the best they can do at this stage in their career. So I am surprised you would be interested in a band that can do no better than above average.

But Norbs/Bunk cleared it up, if I just misunderstood.

Pearl Jam were for a large stage in my life up to this point ('91-98) my favorite band... they haven't released a great album in a decade (Yield), and i don't really ever expect them to release anything again that holds up to their run from Ten through Yield, but i'm still a fan of the band (granted mostly due to their live show at this point). until they start putting out albums that I find just horrendous, i'll still always be curious at what they have to say, and I'd say i'm at that same point with U2 (even though i've been there since the 90's with them) along with REM, etc.

Pearl Jam were for a large stage in my life up to this point ('91-98) my favorite band... they haven't released an great album in a decade (Yield), and i don't really ever expect them to release anything again that holds up to their run from Ten through Yield, but i'm still a fan of the band (granted mostly due to their live show at this point). until they start putting out albums that I find just horrendous, i'll still always be curious at what they have to say, and I'd say i'm at that same point with U2 (even though i've been there since the 90's with them) along with REM, etc.

Ok, not looking to nitpit the point. There are certainly artists that I feel the same way about. Maybe I am more idealistic than you at heart, but I dont know how you can be a fan of a band and not think/hope that release date (or leak date) has a shot to be your first exposure to your (next) favorite album ever. Seems to me that that's all part of the joy of music and being a fan. Who doesn't get chills when their favorite band releases a new album?

We can drop it. I see your point.

Ok, not looking to nitpit the point. There are certainly artists that I feel the same way about. Maybe I am more idealistic than you at heart, but I dont know how you can be a fan of a band and not think/hope that release date (or leak date) has a shot to be your first exposure to your (next) favorite album ever. Seems to me that that's all part of the joy of music and being a fan. Who doesn't get chills when their favorite band releases a new album?

We can drop it. I see your point.

right... but after a certain point you become a realist and understand that the odds are not very likely...

i'm not saying it could NEVER happen necessarily...

Rolling Stone is giving the album five stars...not surprised, since they give all the veterans high ratings.

while it's too early to really rank it, there are no bad songs on it, and there are some great ones. it's better than anything REM has done the past decade, or any other band that has been around for more than 20 years. and makes Coldplay sound tiny in comparison.