Jesus, etc.

Walken

I'm the Man who Loves You

Hummingbird

E:

Hate it Here

The Late Greats

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Really fun show, but was cut early due to the 10:30 curfew in Davenport. The new songs sound fantastic live. And Tweedy asked for people to bring more macrame animals for the band to join the owl that was onstage tonight. I don't think he was joking.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP!

I've seen Wilco too many times to count, since the early beginnings, and this was by far the greatest show yet.

The crowd was awesome, nobody sat down the entire show. The band was on fire! They really seemed to be having a great time...

until some a-hole decided to start a fight right down front during the encore. The first thing I saw was some guy climbing up onto the stage in front of the PA system, but then I realized he was just trying to get security's attention.

Not to dwell on the fight, because the show was fantastic. But the fight really took the air out of the room. Until that happened, the crowd was singing every word. The band was having a great time and tearing it up.

Nels was the first to notice and immediately called for security. The band finished the song and all went to the front of the stage where the ruckus was and made sure it was taken care of. They played another song or two and the show was over.

I don't remember the setlist. I've never been good at that. But everything they played was spot on and the show was amazing, despite the actions of one moron. It was a great mix of old and new. Just a fantastic show. I can't really explain how great it was.

All in all, a GREAT show! Going to have to figure out what other shows on this tour I'm going to be able to hit.

Now if Domino's would show up, I could eat and get some sleep.

I just got back from a 2 and a half hour drive. It was a good show. I saw the setlist after, they were supposed to play four songs as well. Stupid curfew.

I was second row (which I didn't find out until I got there!). The band was really playing well (first time I have heard Kamera live, and this was my 10th show). Anything I say would be simply repeating comments other people have made or will make.

Low was fantastic. Too bad nobody was listening.

First off, it was awesome seeing a bunch of VC people at the show, Ms Yvon and Donna (Kidsmoke) in particular :thumbup You guys rule, and it was great seeing the whole interweb bunch down there! I had to take off pretty soon after the show, what with having to drive back and get to work and all, but next time I'll stick around for some more talk.

Low was great! A lot of people talking as to be expected, but I thought they played a really inspired and beautiful set.

The crowd was definitely excited about Wilco, and Wilco honestly looked like they were just having fun playing. Last time I saw the whole band was at the Auditorium shows in '04, the guys were definitely all in top form and just plain having a lot of fun. As Donna said after the show the crowd was definitely overserved--the drunks were certainly ricocheting. It was great to hear Kamera, and the new stuff sounds great in the hands of the band--and they were definitely way into playing. The fight certainly put a damper on things--I couldn't see it from where I was, but reports from VCers over there sounded pretty brutal and Nels was way pissed when he noticed. However, Spiders sounded great, even after it, though of course curfew in Davenport made them wrap up early...I would've been up for another few songs :dancing Shot in the Arm was a great opener.

Overall pretty sweet show, well worth the trip out. And Stardogs recommendation of the Front Street brewery was spot on, that was a great pre-show eatery.

Good luck to Ms Yvon in her road tripping, and nice to meet all you fine people that were there and said hi :wave Can't wait to hear a recording of the show.

I'm sure Nels is in no mood to see fighting considering one of his friends just GOT MURDERED after a stupid argument got out of hand in a parking lot.

Thanks for the reviews.

I'm sure Nels is in no mood to see fighting considering one of his friends just GOT MURDERED after a stupid argument got out of hand in a parking lot.

Thanks for the reviews.

Wait what? I don't know if I heard about what you are referring to...

Wait what? I don't know if I heard about what you are referring to...

It's the first item on Nels Cline's News Page--very brutal, pointless killing. Certainly couldn't help when a situation like this erupts at a concert.

Glad the band was able to finish out a set, I still say overall good show, despite the hitches, and the short length

Edit: got beat to it.

I just got back from a 2 and a half hour drive. It was a good show. I saw the setlist after, they were supposed to play four songs as well. Stupid curfew.

I was second row (which I didn't find out until I got there!). The band was really playing well (first time I have heard Kamera live, and this was my 10th show). Anything I say would be simply repeating comments other people have made or will make.

Low was fantastic. Too bad nobody was listening.

Anyone know what they had slated on the setlist for the 2nd encore that was cut? I was two rows behind the guy that kept leaning over the monitors to look at the setlist, "cheating" as Jeff said near the end of the show, and I saw a roadie give him the setlist afterward upon request, so I know it must be circulating out there somewhere.

And I agree, Low sounded very good.

sounds like it was a great show. I read a review on another message board and the guy who was there said after the fight he saw jeff mouth to the band "just one encore"

I don't know if the curfew was the reason it was short it might have been the fight.

again i was not there so i don't know. That seems to make sense though if the setlist had more songs. Surely they knew how long they could play.

Either way it sounds like the show itself was great. I'm glad to see folks talk about how good the new songs sound. I've said from the begining i think the new songs are going to be awesome live :thumbup

They were supposed to play What Light, Heavy Metal Drummer, Poor Places, and one other I can't remember. Maybe it was California Stars.

that would be a shame. i'd hope that wilco isn't the type of band that would cut four songs because there was an idiot or two in the room

They had an early curfew. At the start of the first encore Jeff announced "we don't have nearly as much time left as we thought we did." This was before any fisticuffs. Not to say that the fight didn't put a bit of a damper on things at the end.

They had an early curfew. At the start of the first encore Jeff announced "we don't have nearly as much time left as we thought we did." This was before any fisticuffs. Not to say that the fight didn't put a bit of a damper on things at the end.

how does a band not know when curfew is?

i'm not complaining i mean it was an awesome show and i loved it, but it's kind of disapointing to find out that there were more songs on the setlist including poor places which is one of my favorites, that weren't played because of time issues

They were supposed to play What Light, Heavy Metal Drummer, Poor Places, and one other I can't remember. Maybe it was California Stars.

Well, damn the fight(ers) or whatever shortened the show... :angry, although I must say it was pretty great as it was.... I did hear them soundchecking Heavy Metal Drummer, so I kept waiting for it...

Donna, it was great meeting you last night! See, I was right, I win (although it's no prize) :o (inside joke between the two of us)...

Also very nice to see Sooz, Brianne (you look fantastic!), Paul (and someone else I'm forgetting your name), at least to wave at or have a brief "hi". It's just not the same going to these shows where they are seated and you don't get to wait outside in line (where all the socializing goes on)....

I did love our 6th row seats, the closest I've been at a Wilco show lately. I loved the energy of the band (and the crowd too) how they looked so happy and how good the new songs sound live. My son was with me and it was his first Wilco show although he has the records, but he was very impressed with the live show.

Here's to a Chicago show in the near future! :thumbup

Donna, it was great meeting you last night! See, I was right, I win (although it's no prize) :o (inside joke between the two of us)...

Also very nice to see Sooz, Brianne (you look fantastic!), Paul (and someone else I'm forgetting your name), at least to wave at or have a brief "hi". It's just not the same going to these shows where they are seated and you don't get to wait outside in line (where all the socializing goes on)....

Good to see you at the show too! Donna and I were talking after you came up about the huge spread of Wilco fans in terms of age/location!

I only got in a wave at Sooz, Brianne, and Paul but it was nice seeing you guys. I think I saw you at the Tweedy Iowa City show, but wasn't sure so I didn't sneak up on you. Next time...next time. :pirate

Too bad about the second encore, but I must say, that was a lot of fun. I'll just have to catch them again soon.

that would be a shame. i'd hope that wilco isn't the type of band that would cut four songs because there was an idiot or two in the room

I saw Social Distortion cut their show short because someone jumped onstage and stole the singer's hat. But they sucked to begin with, so it was no tragedy.

I don't think Wilco would have punished the whole audience unless the fight was escalating to the point where innocent bystander were at risk. On the other hand, I can see how a fight that is easily visible from the stage would deflate the joy the band gets from playing music.

if i could hear "poor places" tomorrow night in indy, all would be right in the world, i swear.

the setlist looks great, though, long encore or not. glad that so many of you had a great time, and sorry i missed donna swinging through the midwest again. (you aren't going to indy, are you, donna? if so, look me up!)

I am totally blown away by how good that concert was in Iowa. The setlist was amazing! I brought my camera and totally forgot about it until the last song (spiders) and by the time i remembered it was getting over. I can't believe they played walkin', my favorite song off of the new album! All and all the concert blew my mind and i'm sure they will blow yours this summer if you see them. I'm glad i got to see their first American show of the new album, too. :thumbup

I drove from Kenosha, WI to see them, did anyone else drive 5 hours or further?