Where to start with The Grateful Dead?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody interested in listening to the new Road Trip series before considering a purchase:

http://www.dead.net/features/news/general-...listening-party

Thanks, Lammy. I like these old late 70's things where Phil is warm, dry, loud and up front, Roosevelt Stadium 78 being the best example of that around.

Enjoy!!!! It's pretty good stuff. I'm getting pissed at their store though...I ordered some stuff last week and they only just today shipped it out. Wonder why it takes a week to pull an order and ship it. They frigging charged my credit card right away.

I gave this a first spin last night. Very good, very jazzy - although not in the '73-'74 style of jazzy. I really like that sound of Brent's first couple of years with the band. He really is aggressive with the work on the Rhodes.

In response to your statement about the GD store - I was talking to a friend that ordered Road Trips and he said he ordered it over 3 weeks ago and still hasn't received it yet! :ohwell

Request:

Are any of you "members" over at the official Dead site?

http://www.dead.net/forum

I re-joined in June when they revamped the site and have posted intermittently over there since.

However, when I switched computers a week or two ago I had to re-log in. For whatever reason it won't take my log-in name or password. I have sent a "new password" request 5-6 times with no success. I have emailed the site customer service people with no response. I cannot email marye (forums site admin.) because I can't log in to email her.

If anyone has an account over on the forum and wouldn't mind pm-ing marye (or another admin.) on my behalf please let me know. I'll give you my log-in name. Thanks.

Request:

Are any of you "members" over at the official Dead site?

http://www.dead.net/forum

I re-joined in June when they revamped the site and have posted intermittently over there since.

However, when I switched computers a week or two ago I had to re-log in. For whatever reason it won't take my log-in name or password. I have sent a "new password" request 5-6 times with no success. I have emailed the site customer service people with no response. I cannot email marye (forums site admin.) because I can't log in to email her.

If anyone has an account over on the forum and wouldn't mind pm-ing marye (or another admin.) on my behalf please let me know. I'll give you my log-in name. Thanks.

Did you try clearing cookies and whatnot?

I think they had some meltdown a while back - maybe that is the reason.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/12/01/085349.php

Story of John Lennon meeting Jerry Garcia

Written by Justin Kreutzmann

Good source.

Did you try clearing cookies and whatnot?

I think they had some meltdown a while back - maybe that is the reason.

Good source.

sarcasm?

How do I do this cookies thing? the forum stuff is running real slow for me, even requesting help in "Feedback" isn't taking. Hmmmm....

Firefox--->tools-->options-->privacy-->clear now

You'll have to mess with it.

Firefox--->tools-->options-->privacy-->clear now

You'll have to mess with it.

I clicked "cookies" and it wiped out all my passwords/log-ins on email, etc. In fact, I needed to get sent a password to log back in to post this. Thanks anyway, though (not sarcasm).

I clicked "cookies" and it wiped out all my passwords/log-ins on email, etc. In fact, I needed to get sent a password to log back in to post this. Thanks anyway, though (not sarcasm).

Its your damn fault!

NEVER TRUST A PRANKSTER!

Sorry. I would never tell you to wipe out such things - and I did not know people actually used such functions. No way would I ever use such a set up - very bad for security purposes.

There are various boxes there to check and un check.

I gave this a first spin last night. Very good, very jazzy - although not in the '73-'74 style of jazzy. I really like that sound of Brent's first couple of years with the band. He really is aggressive with the work on the Rhodes.

In response to your statement about the GD store - I was talking to a friend that ordered Road Trips and he said he ordered it over 3 weeks ago and still hasn't received it yet! :ohwell

It is kind of jazzy....as has been well documented I'm a big fan of the stuff thru 74 or so for that jazz type feel and I found myself really liking this (road trip) stuff quite a bit.

As far as the store...I finally got a notification that the stuff I ordered (on Nov 30th) will be delivered on the 13th. I don't get how it takes over a week for them to receive, pick the order, then ship. I can understand UPS being slammed this time of year so I don't get pissed at them, but thats just horrible treating loyal fans and customers in that way. Ah well

Collection: Grateful Dead

Band/Artist: Grateful Dead

Date: February 18, 1971

Venue: Capitol Theater

SET ONE

d1

01. Bertha (7:13) *

02. Truckin' (11:03)

03. It Hurts Me Too (7:42)

04. Loser (8:21) *

05. Greatest Story Ever Told (3:45) * >

06. Johnny B. Goode (3:39) *

07. Mama Tried (3:29)

08. Hard To Handle (8:01)

09. Dark Star > (7:03)

10. Wharf Rat * > (7:21)

11. [beautiful jam] Dark Star > (7:14)

12. Me And My Uncle (4:04)

SET TWO

d2

01. [Lucky Lager Dance Time] (2:39)

02. Casey Jones (6:10)

03. Playing In The Band (5:09)

04. Me And Bobby McGee (6:06)

05. Candyman (9:46)

06. Big Boss Man (5:40)

07. Sugar Magnolia (8:29)

08. St. Stephen > (5:57)

09. Not Fade Away > (4:33)

10. Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > (5:01)

11. Not Fade Away (3:59)

12. Uncle John's Band (6:44)

Damn that's a shame. :ohwell One of my favorite runs I ever did was the UIC Pavillion shows in Spring '87 - first time I saw Jerry after his illness. The final night was broadcast on XRT. Always is nice to go back and remember those times with a listen.

I have never got to listen to the show - I think the nearest station that carries it to me is in PA somewhere.

Really, I'm sure you can pick it up over the web somewhere. David Gans= good dj poor musician lol