Dr. Dog supporting Wilco

Now - (for the grande finale) we also have a few dates in September supporting Wilco...need we say more?

09.11.07 Tue Overture Hall Madison WI

09.13.07 Thu Snowden Grove Amphitheater Southaven MA

09.14.07 Fri The Palladium Ballroom Dallas TX

09.18.07 Tue Robinson Auditorium Little Rock AR

09.19.07 Wed 9th Street Summerfest Columbia MO

09.21.07 Fri Louisville Slugger Field Louisville KY

!!!

Now - (for the grande finale) we also have a few dates in September supporting Wilco...need we say more?

09.11.07 Tue Overture Hall Madison WI

09.14.07 Fri The Palladium Ballroom Dallas TX

09.18.07 Tue Robinson Auditorium Little Rock AR

09.19.07 Wed 9th Street Summerfest Columbia MO

09.21.07 Fri Louisville Slugger Field Louisville KY

!!!

WERD!!!! I've missed these guys the last couple times they came thru here. Looking forward to seeing them live as well.

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

Now that's a double bill! I'll officially be rearanging my entire fall schedule now. Wilco better bring their A game with Dr. Dog opening. Great, great news.

Wilco better bring their A game with Dr. Dog opening.

Oh man. If I was Wilco and saw one of my supposed fans say that then I'd probably think about hanging things up. I could see it if this was some young rockers, but Dr. Dog? Really? Wow.

Got me ALL EXCITED for nothing :ohwell

Southaven is in Mississippi (MS), not Massachusetts :cryin

Oh man. If I was Wilco and saw one of my supposed fans say that then I'd probably think about hanging things up. I could see it if this was some young rockers, but Dr. Dog? Really? Wow.

I've seen Wilco dozens of time and they have been my favorite band for many, many years, so don't worry. I was being a bit sarcastic, but I do think in the current, Dr. Dog are a superior live band, and "We All Belong" is superior to SBS. Wilco have toured with many phenomenol live bands, I think it keeps them sharp. I also refuse to beleive, no matter what bands may say, that there is some level of competitive drive when touring with bands or playing with bands with a reputation for being a good live act. I'm looking forward to seeing them both and am gonna travel close to 600 miles to do so.

I also refuse to beleive, no matter what bands may say, that there is some level of competitive drive when touring with bands or playing with bands with a reputation for being a good live act.

I dont think it's competitive in the sense of "winning", but having played in some small-time bands that landed a number of primo opening slots there is definitely an inflated desire to put on your best performance. Opening bands know that they're playing for someone else's audience, and if they want to get anything out of it they need to connect with that audience. That's definitely not easy. Ask Low.

Years ago I read an interview with Rush in which they said they chose opening bands that inspired them to play their best. But they usually had crappy opening bands (Mr. Big).

Anyway, I'd love to see Dr. Dog with Wilco. That'd be one of the best double bills to come around in a LONG time.

Are they any good?

Yeah, they're pretty good. Seen them twice this year; (same goes for the Wilcos)

If your familiar w/ the material, don't expect an exact representation by any means in a concert setting tho...they're a lot more loose and raucous on stage.

This will really reveal itself against a band like Wilco who is absolutely at the top of their game right now.

Are they any good?

I saw Dr. Dog open for the Raconteurs last year and loved them. Now I'll get to see them open for Wilco in Texas. YAY!!! Now how about a Stubbs show, guys?

Oh, and FLA after hurricane season would be nice, too.

this is the best news I think I've ever read

Yeah, I'd be saying the same thing if the god damn tour came anywhere within 800 miles of my area! Oh well. I'm sure those shows will be the best rock and roll shows to be seen in a good long while. Those two bands together, its a blessing. I envy all of you who get to witness it. When I saw Dr. Dog totally blow the Raconteurs off the stage in NJ last September, I knew the only band out there who could share a bill with Dr. Dog and come out on top was Wilco. Hell, I just might catch a flight out to Louisville or some such because I don't think I could miss a double bill with my two favorite rock bands.

Dr. Dog are soooooo good. Saw them last winter opening for the Black Keys in Lawrence, and just saw them again last week in L.A.. Just a great, great band.

If you aren't familiar with them, open an emusic account and grab everything there. You won't be sorry.

I'm still of the mind that Wilco is a top-flight band, so why not just take the stage for the whole evening? The best Wilco show I've ever seen was the one w/ no opener.

Dr. Dog are soooooo good. Saw them last winter opening for the Black Keys in Lawrence, and just saw them again last week in L.A.. Just a great, great band.

If you aren't familiar with them, open an emusic account and grab everything there. You won't be sorry.

I listened to Takers and Leavers last week or so. I'd never heard them before and grabbed it from the library due to the hype. I wasn't impressed at all. It wouldn't be the first time I was disappointed after hearing recent hyped bands, though. Maybe they're better live. Proving once again that we all hear things a little differently....

Wilco could open for Dr. Dog for all I care.This is the best news I've got all year.

My question is who is opening for the Denver shows?

Richard Swift for Aug. and Dr. Dog for Sept. dates.That leaves Denver and Arkansas with no opener.Thats f'n great if there is no opener for those shows but why the hell would DD not be on the bill and some one else might be.Is there any chance the schedule isin't finished yet?

MntBed..............................Come to Columbia or meet me in Kentucky!

I wasn't impressed at all.

It's all in the live show man........................

Best live stage performance since the Flaming Lips.

I just comitted to going to the show in Columbia earlier tonight, without knowing Dr. Dog would be opening. Should be a really great show, as I've been digging on Dr. Dog's newest album over the past few weeks. Very excited now.

I'm still of the mind that Wilco is a top-flight band, so why not just take the stage for the whole evening? The best Wilco show I've ever seen was the one w/ no opener.

I whole heartedly agree w/you here.

That said, it's still pretty cool when more succesful bands allow smaller acts the opportunity to share a bill with them.

PSA:

For anyone in the Louisville area, Dr. DOG @ the Lebowski Fest Tomorrow night at 8!

Also

I assume there will be a wilcoworld pre-sale for Slugger Field tickets?

I promised my self I would never sleep in the streets of lu-ville again, but hey what ever it takes.