• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Looks like you've changed your name. That UT loss was definitely brutal. I was pulling for you guys, though. Can't stand fat Phil.

Thanks for cheering for us. Our youth finally showed, but I don't think our players even bothered leaving Athens mentally. Our D, was pitiful, UT really wanted it more. We didn't deserve to win that game.

Thanks for cheering for us. Our youth finally showed, but I don't think our players even bothered leaving Athens mentally. Our D, was pitiful, UT really wanted it more. We didn't deserve to win that game.

Dude I'm a Gamecock fan. All I know is disappointment so I feel ya. Sorry to hear about Thomas Brown.

I do feel for him. It probably ended his season, but we got Lump back, so maybe it won't be so bad.

I almost cried when Jasper Brinkley went down during the LSU game. Then read an article in the local paper today about him and his surgery and how he's doing now and I almost cried again. But that's football (or life, really), I guess.

I almost cried when Jasper Brinkley went down during the LSU game. Then read an article in the local paper today about him and his surgery and how he's doing now and I almost cried again. But that's football (or life, really), I guess.

I'm glad Knowshon is starting against Vandy. That kid has got some energy!

I'm glad Knowshon is starting against Vandy. That kid has got some energy!

Who else do you guys have on your schedule? We've still got UT, Florida, and Arkansas so I won't breathe until after those games. Chapel Hill fans (not to mention Kirk Herbstreit) are predicting an upset this weekend but I just don't see anyway SOS lets that happen. At least I hope not. That city won't know what hit them this weekend when about 20,000 Gamecock fans descend upon their fair city this weekend. I just hope if we win, SOS takes a pic of the team in front of the scoreboard like he did when he was coach of the Dookies.

Who else do you guys have on your schedule? We've still got UT, Florida, and Arkansas so I won't breathe until after those games. Chapel Hill fans (not to mention Kirk Herbstreit) are predicting an upset this weekend but I just don't see anyway SOS lets that happen. At least I hope not. That city won't know what hit them this weekend when about 20,000 Gamecock fans descend upon their fair city this weekend. I just hope if we win, SOS takes a pic of the team in front of the scoreboard like he did when he was coach of the Dookies.

That will be an interesting game to watch! We still got Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn as our last conference games. Of course, I'm hopeful that we beat Florida, but I doubt that's going to happen going into the bowl games. I'll be happy we comeout with only 3 losses.

OSU:

10/13 Kent St

- Can't read, can't write, Kent State! Easyyyy game.

10/20 Mich St

- Could be worrisome, Mich. St has a great squad, but I think home field makes this a winner.

10/27 at Penn State

- Not too sure, the Lions are an on-and-off squad, they can be on fire or completely terrible. Depends on the power of the JoePa.

11/03 #19 Wisconsin

- Easy. Wisconsin is a terrible club, they've almost lost every game they've played, including losing to Illinois.

11/10 #18 Illinois

- This could be our toughest game if Illinois continues to play like they are now (or improve). We have always had a strange trouble with them, so this should be a telltale game.

11/17 at Michigan

- We eat wolverines for breakfast in Ohio.

It's very, very possible for OSU to sweep the board and end up / win in the BCS Championship. Cal will most likely lose to USC, or even Washington, a very good club (especially with Locker, who should improve as the season wears on). LSU has to lose, and Kentucky and Auburn could come up big.

Only 1 of the 2 teams has to lose, but I'm not sure how we par up to LSU. So basically if both lose we could take the BCS easy. Against the likes of BC or USF, who have weaksauce schedules.

OSU:Only 1 of the 2 teams has to lose, but I'm not sure how we par up to LSU. So basically if both lose we could take the BCS easy. Against the likes of BC or USF, who have weaksauce schedules.
Not well.
Dude I'm a Gamecock fan. All I know is disappointment so I feel ya.
Hell..I'm a former Student of Texas A&M. I live and breathe disappointment.
11/03 #19 Wisconsin

- Easy. Wisconsin is a terrible club, they've almost lost every game they've played, including losing to Illinois.

Careful, young grasshopper. I admire your enthusiasm, but this statement could be equally true:

The 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes are a terrible club, they've almost lost every game they've played, including almost losing to Illinois.

I agree that OSU has a great shot to run the table in the Big Ten, but (my opinion) they're not on the same level as LSU right now. The D is solid, but with Beanie continuing to run on a gimpy ankle (and Saine's health questionable), I worry what will happen if we have to go to a pass-first offense later in the season. Boeckman is improving, but it would require a herculean effort from the D to hang with the likes of LSU right now. Then again, they did it in '02 against a stacked Miami squad, so you never know...

This is shocking. I'm sure USC knew nothing of this. It's only a matter of time before we are reading these articles about Tressel.

LOS ANGELES - A sports marketer will hand over financial records and other evidence to NCAA investigators that would link Reggie Bush and his family to nearly $280,000 in benefits while he was enrolled at Southern California, according to a report Wednesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21213903/

This is shocking. I'm sure USC knew nothing of this. It's only a matter of time before we are reading these articles about Tressel.

Nothing but good football news coming out of USC these days. Our QB Booty won't be playing this week because of his finger. And Reggie Bush isn't even the biggest news thats been coming out recently of our previous Heisman winners...

0731simpson.jpg

My first chance to post after an outstanding weekend of college football in Dallas. There is nothing better than an Oklahoma victory over the Shorthorns.

Boomer Sooner!

Amen, brother. That was one heck of a game. One of the best OU/TX games in YEARS. We're on track to win the Big 12 again.

Nice to see some fellow Oklahomans on the board.

I'm a huge LSU fan, and a saints fan, so I've got bias's in every direction on this one; but this came out like a year ago and I could not believe how fast it died down.

Was anyone else surprised in the disparity of the distance USC dropped after the loss to Stanford and Michigan after the loss to App state? UM drops from 5 to out of the polls (1st game of season) and USC drops from 2nd to no worse than 10th. I don't pretend to have a lot of knowlege about power rankings etc., but I would bet based on power rankings that App State and Stanford are pretty close? hasn't Stanford had a horrendous season or three and doesn't App state vie for the 1-AA champ on a regular basis?

Anyway....

p1_hester.jpg

We're on track to win the Big 12 South again.

fixed it for you.

the big 12 south should no longer assume a divisional win equals a conference championship. i see OU as vulnerable as anyone else in the conference.

^^Interesting point. I don't dislike USC, but it seems like their praises are sung more than many others...and I don't exactly know why.

I think its partially because Michigan lost their first game (0-1) and then lost their second game (0-2), so they hadnt show any potential or spark at all.

USC was undefeated and played some really good games, though we already were starting to look weak in the game leading up to Stanford. I think the theory is that USC has a lot more potential and is beating itself for the most part, so if they somehow pull themselves together, they will still be really good.

Also we get more press because the program being near Hollywood and stuff seems more glamourous (i.e. Leinart hanging out with Paris Hilton and Reggie Bush doing like 30 million TV ads)

All i know is that we were good when I went to school there, but now that I left....

USC was undefeated and played some really good games, though we already were starting to look weak in the game leading up to Stanford. I think the theory is that USC has a lot more potential and is beating itself for the most part, so if they somehow pull themselves together, they will still be really good.

The second loss is why they haven't made it back into the rankings, yes, but does not explain why the dropped so far after the first loss.

Personally, as a Michigan fan, I expected Michigan to drop that far and am not really complaining about that, but I do think USC should have been penalized more for their loss if that's the way the system is going to work.

I agree, but I think the voters want to see if it was just a really good team doing a ridiculous choke, or a slow decay of a once great empire.

I don't think simply winning will be good enough now. I think if we win but win poorly you'll start to see our stocks drop pretty quickly. If Notre Dame shows any life at all against us next week, we won't get lots of forgiveness.

We'll see how our backup QB does against Arizona this week :upset

I don't think simply winning will be good enough now. I think if we win but win poorly you'll start to see our stocks drop pretty quickly. If Notre Dame shows any life at all against us next week, we won't get lots of forgiveness.

I still agree with this. We should drop farther in the rankings.