Now Watching on YouTube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave Rawlings Machine - Ruby was really great.

Geatana Faust's Favorite Videos compilation is incredible. Had to take a break after the first 30!

By the way, how was Jason Isbell at the Concord Music Hall? I was soo close to heading over there about 5pm, but I just booked travel and lodging... and after-market tics for 2 nights of JT/Fillmore... had to put the checkbook away for awhile.

Welllllll, the Concord has got to be (as I said to some lovely Bostonians standing near me) the crappiest venue in the greater Chicago area.  Plus, I stood on a platform behind the "drunk and disorderly" section, where literally one uber-drunk guy fell on me 3x and another guy in the same group fell on me once.   They did not seem to realize the irony behind drunkenly raising their plastic beer cups while Jason sang tortured lyrics about getting clean "When I sobered up, I swore off that stuff, forever this time."  I saw him for the first time several years ago opening for Son Volt and he was great then, but his new album is just so beyond anything he's done before.  It means a lot to me, and his vocals really are better than ever.  Jason and his band rocked harder than expected, and the crowd was 100% with them.  He was clearly touched by how many in the crowd know the songs from Southeastern by heart, as I do.  He said it means that the new album is connecting with people and that means a lot to him.

G Faust's playlist is mine, and didn't mean to share it.  Just favorites of mine.  I fixed the link.

Too bad about the drunken asshats around you, but I'm still jealous that you got to see this show. I love Southeastern, too. An amazing album!

Don't get me wrong!  The show was amazing and I felt so happy and lucky to have the opportunity to be there.  It's wonderful to see Jason Isbell at the top of his game, and to see that he's conquered his demons, for the moment.  It was a moment of joy, especially because I have such a fondness for Southeastern, which I think is genius. Jason seemed a little frustrated at first with the sound issues, but Amanda Shires lightened him up by telling him to smile (because he's so cute when he smiles).

G F's playlist is mine, and didn't mean to share it.  Just favorites of mine.  I fixed the link.

You have some great Fav's... was gonna listen to those 129 from time to time at work ! But, I understand...

Thanks for the Jason Isbell review, too.

You have some great Fav's... was gonna listen to those 129 from time to time at work ! But, I understand...

Thanks for the Jason Isbell review, too.

Thanks for the good taste validation :)  I'm sure there is a certain amount of embarrassing guilty pleasure stuff in there along with the fruits of my Wilco googling obsessiveness, but feel free to browse away.