Now Watching on YouTube

Learned how to pick that song a year ago......still can't play and sing at the same time.

Went on a blues cruise about 2 years ago and was fortunate enough to sit at a bar and visit with Taj Mahal for a good hour. I asked him about knowing Mississppi John Hurt and his description and recollection of the country blues musician was everything I had hoped for. A true American treasure.

Good video post. Thanks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad you guys like MJH. One of my favorites and always an inspiration. Always amazed at those fingers. I am so grateful for this digital age that we live that there is something like youtube that can document (and make readily available) these types of videos. In my younger days, I had to use my imagination about envisioning what his fingers are doing (when I first heard MJH, I swore that there were two guitarists playing!). It is astounding how much he does with so little movement (and seemingly so little effort) of the right hand. But it his left hand that is impossible to emulate. Genius.

^ I was thinking of picking tix for the Milk Carton Kids. They are playing my favorite venue soon. 

Do it!  Saw them opening for Punch Brothers in December and they were the best opening act I've seen in years.  Great dynamic between them. Funny too.  This interview is hilarious.  http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/164914-its-going-to-get-dark-an-interview-with-the-milk-carton-kids/

Ah, I love the Belly-up! great little club. I probably can't go as I'm saving my funds carefully for SSF#3, but you've made this band sound like a lot of fun.

Edit: I just listened to them and wow, they are excellent!

Ah, I love the Belly-up! great little club. I probably can't go as I'm saving my funds carefully for SSF#3, but you've made this band sound like a lot of fun.

Edit: I just listened to them and wow, they are excellent!

I'm a fan.  And their first two albums (Retrospect and Prologue) are both great and free for download on their website.  You can't beat free awesomeness!