If you could take any two Wilco members and put them with any two other musicians...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat sansone, jon frusciante, glenn kotche, mark sandman (is living a requirement?)

Edit: if jack white and sandman had the chance to play together

Or margo and michael timmons, circa trinity sessions, jeff and jon

Or nels, glenn, cat stevens and sinead o connor with a long head of hair.

Sorry, this whole idea is just too much for me.

he played keyboards during one of the encores...

he also did this at the newport folk fest i believe...if i recall correctly it was nothing special and garth's keyboard was mixed to an almost inaudible level anyway...but the concept is awesome

Glenn and Jeff with Leo Kottke and Phil Lesh

YES YES YES

I've said it once i'll say it again

JEFF with Phil and Freinds. His voice suits the material and some of the wilco stuff would sound great in this format. Maybe bring Nels or glenn.

I know there is that one verison of Ripple where Jeff makes fun of the dead. But i find it hard to belive he doesn't at least listen to American Beauty being as though he's covered Ripple a few times seriously and the boys even brought Phil out once.

Does anyone have an interview or anything where jeff talks about the dead. I rember reading somewhere John said two of their Lp's are amoung his fav. and being a huge dead fan I'd love to know what they actully think.

Garth Hudson played a couple of songs with Wilco in Toronto on October 9, 2004...which is kinda sorta close...

What the......!!!!!!!! Does anyone have ANYTHING from that show?

I saw Garth Hudson play with Wilco @ The Newport Folk Fest and it was ugly. REAL ugly.

Kotche, Stirratt and Young. B)

I saw Garth Hudson play with Wilco @ The Newport Folk Fest and it was ugly. REAL ugly.

Kotche, Stirratt and Young. B)

why was it ugly??? If i rember correctly he was just really low in the mix. Then agian i found my way back stage at that point and the sound was a little muffled. I don't know if people in the crowd could see it but Garth picked up one of Glenn's cymbals (it was a big square one like really big) and put it over his head as it it were a hat. At least I found it funny.

I also rember Maude sitting in here wheel chair stage right pounding her chain down in time with the music. What a great day.

"I saw Doc Watson eat a veggie burger" Jeff Tweedy

Jeff

Glenn

Richard Thompson

Steve Earle

• 4 years later...

Thought I'd revive this oldie but goodie (the board has been kinda lame lately)

I'll reiterate mine...

Jeff

Glenn

Richard Thompson

Steve Earle

Pat Sansone and Merzbow

Interesting...but it doesn't meet the two and two criteria from the op.

But who cares.

I might have thought you'd put Nels with Merzbow