If Hollywood picked up Wilco

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a very bold statement

Whether or not you were convinced of the illusion of watching "Johnny Cash" on film, Phoenix put a Herculean effort into that performance. I think it was a much more demanding role than Capote, which I think PSH stole the Oscar for, since "he was due" to get his.

270674995_24c5631266_m.jpg

any other questions?

All I see on the left is a kid that looks like Greg Brady. Tweedy's eyes aren't set close together like that, for one thing.

Also, the devil eyebrows. Very important detail. That kid looks like he could be a good Baptist. Tweedy don't worship there.

story.jpg 21-jaybennett.jpg

...and I'm throwing this out there because it makes me laugh:

philip%20seymour%20hoffman7.jpg

That is incredible. A bit scary too.

270674995_24c5631266_m.jpg

So on the SPOT!!!

And Phillip for JB, Bowie for Nels and Carvey for Pat...SO RIGHT ON!!!

Sarchi...you NEED to re-watch 'Almost Famous'...it's A-MA-ZING!!! :rock Give it another shot, honestly :thumbup

oh please no Joaquin. i really hated him as Johnny Cash, we wasn't tall enough, didn't look like him, they could have at least used a bit of make-up effects to help with those two issues, maybe i should hate the producers of walk the line instead. he did sound like Johnny though.

Whether or not you were convinced of the illusion of watching "Johnny Cash" on film, Phoenix put a Herculean effort into that performance. I think it was a much more demanding role than Capote, which I think PSH stole the Oscar for, since "he was due" to get his.

no disrespect but I dropped my toothbrush when I read that.

I've got a role for Joaquin.....My balls! He sounded a little like Johnny but I was not "that" impressed. They could have gotten somebody else who looked a little more like him. I had to squint my eyes to fool myself!

As for a JT role?...... :no

That kid from almost famous is a dead ringer. (Where does the term "dead ringer" come from?)

That kid from almost famous is a dead ringer. (Where does the term "dead ringer" come from?)

"Ring out yer dead!"