• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I mentioned David Nelson's version the other day, but the Legion of Mary (see Jerry plays Dylan) does a take on Wicked Messenger that is truly sick. Verrrry slow tempo, but JG shreds the hell out of the song.

The one time I heard it I enjoyed the Indigo Girls' live version of Tangled Up In Blue.

Yeah, that was good, wasn't it?

• 1 year later...

So far Jack White has covered:

Love Sick, Isis, One More Cup of Coffee, I threw it all away, Outlaw Blues, and now New Pony. Someday he is going to do an all Dylan tribute album, I just know it.

I would like to hear him do Desolation Row or maybe even Po Boy.

• 2 months later...

I believe in Chronicles Dylan says his favorite cover of one of his tunes, was Johnny Rivers doing 'positively 4th street'.

I think I have an mp3 of The Four Seasons ( Frankie Valli ) doing 'Like a rolling stone', it's a must hear, will post tomorrow if I can locate it.

There is mention of that on Expecting Rain today:

Johnny Rivers - Positively 4th Street (Youtube link).

I use to have the album that song is on when I was a teenager. It is called Realization(1968).

Springsteen did a really nice cover of I WANT YOU in late 74 and early 75 (in the shows before the BTR sessions)