the shoes thread!

I have some custom made Nike Dunks, two pairs of Simples (I've worn Simples for years and I'm glad to see other people love them too), two pairs of Merrells, one pair of Chacos, a couple pairs of dress shoes, a pair of Clarks, and some crappy flips I bought at Target for taking out the trash. I have pictures of my custom Dunks somewhere. Oh and two pairs of cycling shoes.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, those dunks were marty mcfly. my red chucks are customs as well , red trim versus the black in that picture and with a skull bandanna inner lining.

My Dunks are pretty sweet. I kind of want to get another custom pair but not sure if I actually need more than one pair of custom sneakers. Yeah Lindsey saw your chucks on your blog back in the day, she went all nutty for them and her name isn't even D****M. I'm sure she'll be getting a custom pair.

As long as we're all sharing: I own a pair of Tommy Hilfiger (sp?) shoes I scored at a discount store in a mall in Nashville two years ago that are some of my favorite sneakers ever. They feel great and look sharp (not so much anymore, but still).

I generally go with Jack Purcell's, low-key Champion sneaker, or Simples.

My Dunks are pretty sweet. I kind of want to get another custom pair but not sure if I actually need more than one pair of custom sneakers.

I'll admit that when you posted pictures of your custom Dunks that was my inspiration to go design my own, which I love. I actually went through a phase last year where I was going to design/buy a quite a few new pairs but I was able to restrain myself.

Edit:

It was hard, and I fight the fight everyday.

35915844.JPG

w03122.jpg

Luckily I have a job where I can wear such footwear

6901-15652-p.jpg

Sigh. I miss my plum-colored lowtops.

Please tell me one of you has these.

3279-437275-d.jpg

I am reasonably sure that only a mentally ill person would wear those voluntarily.

7768-438684-d.jpg

I have some of these in a more girly style. 2 pairs, both have been made work shoes now, though, cos they are so comfy. Other than those shoes I have about 6 different colors of converse high tops, my favorite are the silk asian inspired ones my nana got me at a flea market.

I need to get a new pair of sandals that smell decent the ones currently on my feet are pertty icky.

perhaps a man named BOZO ?

Those sneakers remind me once of something I saw in downtown Poughkeepsie more than 20 years ago. Among its many attractions and assets, Po-Town is home to the Hudson River Psychiatric Center, one of the larger facilities for the mentally ill in New York state, and as a result, our local population sports more than its share of the head-touched. One day - it was cold and cloudy, I recall - I was in the vicinity of the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, probably on my way to the DMV for something. I suddenly take notice of a man, dressed in an Army field jacket and wearing a knit cap and carrying a small boombox, walking toward me. This white, blond mustachioed man drew my gaze because he had the most stricken, heartbroken look on his face that I have ever seen on any face at any time. The boombox was playing - I shit you not, my friends - the soundtrack from The Muppet Movie. I have never forgotten that moment.

Those sneakers remind me once of something I saw in downtown Poughkeepsie more than 20 years ago. Among its many attractions and assets, Po-Town is home to the Hudson River Psychiatric Center, one of the larger facilities for the mentally ill in New York state, and as a result, our local population sports more than its share of the head-touched. One day - it was cold and cloudy, I recall - I was in the vicinity of the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, probably on my way to the DMV for something. I suddenly take notice of a man, dressed in an Army field jacket and wearing a knit cap and carrying a small boombox, walking toward me. This white, blond mustachioed man drew my gaze because he had the most stricken, heartbroken look on his face that I have ever seen on any face at any time. The boombox was playing - I shit you not, my friends - the soundtrack from The Muppet Movie. I have never forgotten that moment.

Performance art? :unsure

i just ordered these for cahtzee jr and i'm pretty sure i need a pair myself.

1872_119_detail.jpg

i also have these:

the crippled girl's dress shoe for fall 07

_5265099.jpg

Uncomplicated dress shoe--very very comfortable!

_5410485.jpg

and a pair of these in smooth black leathah found on closeout. they were my favorite shoe of last winter, mostly because they slip on and tying shoes was a hardship. They are the best Merrells ever and they are warm and waterproof (well as water tight as a shoe with no back is) and i love my orange ones too.

31100763.JPG

i am bookmarking this whole post.