Radiohead- In Rainbows

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I rejoined because I had to reformat my net machine.

That said, this is a boring, boring album just like SBS.

Originally, he joined to give Roger Waters an E-Jay and tell Jeff Tweedy to go all Eagles on this bitch and start doing instrumental reprises of songs. And go on at length abouthow boring Bright Eyes was.

I don't know if it's been said before, but "E-Jay" as in, "giving someone a Beej over the interwebs", is pretty much my new favorite saying.

I just downloaded it and I really like it so far. I'm a Radiohead fan though. I stole it (0.00) but I'll probably hop on there and put in 5 pounds or so (10 dollars). I think this is how Music should be spread. A while ago Nine Inch Nails got all that credit for streaming their album off their site--stuff that Wilco's done since YHF! That pissed me off. This is a very clever kind of step forward from that... Power to Radiohead for not being scared.

I wish everyone (music critics, etc.) would stop glorifying Radiohead as the modern day music-pioneers and realize that A) Yes, Thom Yorke writes some good tunes, and B) but there are a lot of bands that write better ones.

I did enjoy In Rainbows, but Rolling Stone already gave it 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. Their review wasn't weighing whether or not the record was good, but how hard the record rocked. The reviewer sounded like a 14 year old boy running out of his first My Chemical Romance concert proclaiming them to be the "best fucking band ever"

I think this album is good, I think all their albums are good. I don't think the band is great, I don't think their work is great. I feel Radiohead is as overrated as they could possibly be.

I wish everyone (music critics, etc.) would stop glorifying Radiohead as the modern day music-pioneers and realize that A) Yes, Thom Yorke writes some good tunes, and B) but there are a lot of bands that write better ones.

Opinions are fun.

Some good stuff here, but I am not yet moved to superlatives.

Only when talking about cute kids, the zoning board and stories about apples.

A spokesman for Mr. Dog said he still thinks In Rainbows is better than Wilco's Sky Blue Sky, but not as good as "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window."

In Rainbows is fantastic...ive listened to it probably 5-6 times by now, i wouldnt really consider myself a radiohead fanatic either who thinks anything they put out will be the greatest cd ever. But i think its one of the best albums ive heard in awhile (besides SBS of course). The best tracks would have to be: Bodysnatchers, Reckoner, House of Cards, and my personal favorite Jigsaw Falling Into Place.

If you seriously dont like this album listen to it three more times and tell me what you think