Radiohead- In Rainbows

I love it I love it I love it. I like to kick, punch, and then kick again... :P

2nd spin at work right now. I'm a fan. It's definitely on the more ambient side at timeS. I love finally having a studio version of Nude (aka Big Ideas). I really dig the new Reckoner but I'm a bit disappointed that the rockin' version of it didn't make the cut. Sounds like Thom is still listening to the Aphex Twins nowadays with 15 Step.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USED TO BE ALIRGHT, WHAT HAPPENED?

You Are My Face > In Rainbows
yeah; i'd agree this song is better then anything on In Rainbows. But as a whole In Rainbows is way more solid. Outside of You Are My Face and On & On & On, Sky Blue Sky just doesn't match up.

Can't I love both SBS and IR?

Because right now I do... SBS turned out to be quite the grower, and IR hit me like a brick on the first spin, and I don't really have a negative thing to say about either at the moment...

...oh wait, forgot about "Shake It Off." Nevermind, In Rainbows wins.

Yes, but how does The Bends compare to Question Mark and the Mysterians' Live from Gooch?

Whew...what a day with this album.

15 Step is great, I love what they did with the drums. House of Cards is the sexiest song ever. Faust Arp is really cool.

But Videotape... :(. I'm sad Jonny's part is gone, that guitar crescendo really worked in the song. I still love Thom's voice and the lyrics are ace, I love Ed's part in the middle, the percussion at the end is interesting...but it's no Jonny. Still a good song, almost made me cry on first listen.

Rest of the album is indeed looking good, I still need like 10 more listens until I have a grasp on it. Of course it's no Kid A, but I really like the direction they went in and the songs all came out pretty great. They each have little parts that make me go wow. Thom sounds fantastic, him and Ed sound angelic at times (Arpeggi). Nude came out great. Ahhh so much to say about this, but time to listen to it again until I go see The National tonight (talk about a great day of music).

if you are a Radiohead fan, i don't see how anybody can be disappointed with this album. it's got everything - lush orchestration (Reckoner, Faust Arp), menacing rockers (Bodysnatchers), gorgeous, goose-bump inducing songs (Nude, All I Need, Argeggi, House of Cards), funky experimentalism (15 Step)...

i am pleasantly surprised by Reckoner and Faust Arp...they don't grab you on first listen, but they are rich songs. i didn't like the grunged out live version of Reckoner. i am so glad it's a different song.

right now, i am just in awe of the last minute of All I Need :worship

My dog starts barking incessantly whenever Reckoner comes on, no matter what volume I play it at. :D She's never done this in response to any other music.

Unfortunately, it's my favourite song on the record, so it's going from cute to annoying fast. :hmm

i liked the original rock version of Reckoner whenever the music cut out and he said, "reckoner pa pa pa"

it was just insane like nothing they'd done before.

from what i read they're really not anything alike except the word. haven't listend to the solo thom version in a long time.