• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ordered the discbox.

if i was going download only route i would have paid 0 for several reasons

1. not CD quality

2. no artwork/lyrics

3. i had to use my own CD to burn it

4. it would be like paying for the commercials on cable tv

it's promotion. it's promoting the product, i.e. the Discbox or the store release in January.

I'm downloading it now . . .

So how much did everyone pay? I paid $5 with plans to get a cd or at least the vinyl. Seems fair . . . thoughts?

I payed $0, but I'm forkin' out the $80 for the deluxe edition today

I think another reason I like this a lot more than previous Radiohead albums because Yorke's voice seems a lot less whiny and shaky? Anyone else feel that way?

:yes

100%

it's his best vocals in a decade at least. it's the first time that i can recall since The Bends where his voice doesn't bug me at least some point during the record :lol

I did enjoy In Rainbows, but Rolling Stone already gave it 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. Their review wasn't weighing whether or not the record was good, but how hard the record rocked.

Not saying Radiohead is incapable of rocking (though they seem to prefer being gloomy), but 'Bodysnatchers' seems to be the only consistently rocking track on this album.

I think I'd like Radiohead a lot more if it weren't for Nigel Godrich, that guy ruins records.

I didn't pay anything, but I don't feel badly about that, as I have bought 4 Radiohead CDs and only liked 2.5 of them.

The Godrich sound has been done to death and reached it's peak on "Sea Change". Radiohead has been doing the same sound since Amnesiac.

Explain the Godirch sound........I know it sounds good but beyond that I can't peg it. What did he do besides a million radiohead albums and one beck album?

Explain the Godirch sound........I know it sounds good but beyond that I can't peg it. What did he do besides a million radiohead albums and one beck album?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Godrich#Discography

of the records that he produced that i've listened to, i'd say they're very cold and clean sounding. Beck's a good example since he's worked with different producers, Sea Change might be my favorite album of his for the songs and the orchestration, but i felt the sound was cold before i knew Godrich was behind the controls. Say what you will about the Beck's output on Guero and The Information, but I'd say there's a recognizable difference in the sound. Guero sounds much warmer and more organic to my ears. Godrich's discog says he mixed that one, and if true, i think he did a good job. But when he's producing and has a large influence on the sound, i feel like i'm listening in a freezer.

In some ways it reminds of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, as it seems to reveal new layers with each listen.

:yes On the 3rd or 4th listen, I totally heard stuff I hadn't noticed at all before. The whole album is really growing on me, and All I Need = :wub

4. it would be like paying for the commercials on cable tv

it's promotion. it's promoting the product, i.e. the Discbox or the store release in January.

Your commercial analogy doesn't really make any sense.

It's not a promotion, its the actual music...

The pieces of plastic and paper that you get around it are all secondary to the music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Godrich#Discography

of the records that he produced that i've listened to, i'd say they're very cold and clean sounding. Beck's a good example since he's worked with different producers, Sea Change might be my favorite album of his for the songs and the orchestration, but i felt the sound was cold before i knew Godrich was behind the controls. Say what you will about the Beck's output on Guero and The Information, but I'd say there's a recognizable difference in the sound. Guero sounds much warmer and more organic to my ears. Godrich's discog says he mixed that one, and if true, i think he did a good job. But when he's producing and has a large influence on the sound, i feel like i'm listening in a freezer.

something about Godrich's sounds got colder. i prefer everything 2000 pre or so i think

Radiohead - OKC, Kid A

Travis - the man who

Beck - Mutations

i love the sound of these. after that he tended to put to much backwards noise in between tracks - at least The Invisible Band and Sea Change

something about Godrich's sounds got colder. i prefer everything 2000 pre or so i think

Radiohead - OKC, Kid A

Travis - the man who

Beck - Mutations

i love the sound of these. after that he tended to put to much backwards noise in between tracks - at least The Invisible Band and Sea Change

everyone forgets pavements terror twilight

Maybe it's because a lot of us try to forget Pavement in the late 90s... *Hums Range Life*

Oh yeah...In Rainbows is the best record I've heard since YHF. It's laughable that the best Wilco could come up with is SBS, when Radiohead came up with this gorgeous record.

Maybe it's because a lot of us try to forget Pavement in the late 90s... *Hums Range Life*

Terror Twilight is one of my favorite pavement records. Its really good IMO.

I will agree on you on In Rainbows though. I'm quite not there yet, but soon it could be my favorite radiohead record. I can't believe how good this is.

oh, yes, that was inadvertent.

i didn't click on the Wiki link until after posting and thought that very thing!

i don't want to get out my cd's, but i wonder if it's as simple as one person mastered all those.

Oh yeah...In Rainbows is the best record I've heard since YHF. It's laughable that the best Wilco could come up with is SBS, when Radiohead came up with this gorgeous record.

that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

oh yeah and am I the only one that thinks "In Rainbows" is a really stupid name?

that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

oh yeah and am I the only one that thinks "In Rainbows" is a really stupid name?

I was just busting on Pavement...I love them...but their first two albums were definitely their best.

I wasn't joking about SBS though...it's an awful P.O.S.

Yes, In Rainbows is a terrible name.

Terror Twilight is one of my favorite pavement records. Its really good IMO.

I will agree on you on In Rainbows though. I'm quite not there yet, but soon it could be my favorite radiohead record. I can't believe how good this is.

I really do like TT...well parts of it.

"Carrot Rope" makes me happier than just about any song ever written. It reminds me of the night before I turned 21...which was a fun night.

It's my least favorite Pavement album...but that's like being my least favorite brand of whiskey...and I love all whiskey.

I was just busting on Pavement...I love them...but their first two albums were definitely their best.

I wasn't joking about SBS though...it's an awful P.O.S.

Yes, In Rainbows is a terrible name.

I don't think its awful by any means but kind of a let down compared to the last two. I love Pavement as well, TT kinda let me down as well. Brighten the Corners is definitely my favourite.

and I'm with you on Carrot Rope gotta be my all time favourite pavement jam.