Radiohead- In Rainbows

Is there artwork for this yet? I have artwork for all my other albums and if I look at the iPod screen the information looks veryyyy lonely without artwork.

edit: doesn't seem to be any, so i thought this was fitting:

Rainbows.jpg

greenplastic.com has it.

radiohead_in_rainbows2.jpg

radiohead_in_rainbows.jpg

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not the real artwork, but its close:

We're still not entirely convinced that what we posted the other day is the official cover for In Rainbows. We've received a lot of email that pointed out some typography and design differences with what is shown in the discbox image. Also, it doesn't help that Stanley told us that the official artwork is not online yet:

not yet. maybe soonish, maybe not. going to 'think about it'

Okay. In the meantime, if you want to some cool fan-made album covers, check out this site.

I've never liked Radiohead much. However, anybody who lets me pay what I think their music may be worth (in advance of actually hearing it) will always arouse my interest. I paid 5 pounds for something I imagined might be well-produced and mildly innovative. Whilst In Rainbows is both of those things, musically it's the best thing I've heard in a long time. I think it's excellent. I'm not about to be transformed into a raving Radiohead fan, but for me at least, their strategy worked. I've also paid more in recent years for far inferior albums (so I suppose that means I owe Radiohead about 3 pounds!).

I was holding out my judgement until I had digested it more. I have concluded that In Rainbows is fantastic. Far superior to Hail to the Thief. The sequence has started to make sense (especially the first two tracks, well placed) and I think it has achieved the difficult status of being more accesible while not losing any artistic daring (listen to the time signatures and harmonic progressions....wow!).

I typed in 8.7, and it still popped out 9.3

I was confused whether that was the fan average, or that was pitchfork's actual score. I am assuming 9.3 is pitchfork's actual score.....I think.

Then I typed in 1.1 to see if it would lower the average, but it stayed the same.

I think Treefingers is one the most necessary and perfectly placed tracks ive ever heard on an album. After the first four tracks you need a second to catch your breath and thats what Treefingers is and then you kick right into Optimisitc...its pretty perfect.

i agree. it's perfectly sequenced in vinyl record style with a Side A and Side B.

treefingers actually started me realizing as a songwriter that i didn't have to attach lyrics to everything i write. of course Eno and other people were doing ambient stuff a long time ago, but i'm just saying for me.

I typed in 8.7, and it still popped out 9.3

I was confused whether that was the fan average, or that was pitchfork's actual score. I am assuming 9.3 is pitchfork's actual score.....I think.

Then I typed in 1.1 to see if it would lower the average, but it stayed the same.

If you click the little question mark next to the text boxes (even without typing anything in), it changes to "IT'S UP TO YOU" with the question mark still there. If you click the question mark again, it changes to "NO REALLY - IT'S 9.3".

i agree. it's perfectly sequenced in vinyl record style with a Side A and Side B.

treefingers actually started me realizing as a songwriter that i didn't have to attach lyrics to everything i write. of course Eno and other people were doing ambient stuff a long time ago, but i'm just saying for me.

also one of my Radiohead favs. but then again I really dig ambient.

i remember listening to that track for the first time on a perfect summer day a few years back. the mature ashes outside my upstairs window were rustling in the breeze, and shadows and sunlight danced across the hardwood floor; i dont think ive ever felt more at peace with the world in my life.