Radiohead- In Rainbows

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disc 1 has hooks?

Filler.

By "hooks," I mean pop elements that make it "catchy" or more accessible. It's a relative term to me. Disc 1 has it. Hooks in Disc #2 are harder to find. Disc #2 is more downbeat.

"Last Flowers," "Ladder" and "Four Minute" are definitely growing on me. Not filler as far as I'm concerned. I'll be listening to this some more.

Bangers & Mash came out really well.

I liked the live version of Up on the Ladder better when it was spazzier.

Like Videotape, they didn't record Four Minute Warning the way I would have liked. I liked it when it featured big piano chords and that anthemic feel.

I like the strings in Down is the New Up and Last Flowers is pretty touching.

Overall, not bad for an EP.

The "Mk" songs are obvious filler, but still not awful, and for a bonus disc, a handful of really good songs and a little bit of filler isn't so bad.

While they are fillers I really like the first one and it would have been cool to have had it run throughout the disc, it kind of reminded me of Steve Riech's work.

While they are fillers I really like the first one and it would have been cool to have had it run throughout the disc, it kind of reminded me of Steve Riech's work.

At 1:04, it's hard to make a case for Mk 1 being independent (ditto Mk 2 at :53). I thought MK 1 had definite echoes of Videotape from the first disc.

Radiohead Readies New Year's Eve Webcast

Radiohead

December 26, 2007, 11:35 AM CT

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Radiohead will perform its new album, "In Rainbows," in its entirety during a pre-taped, hour-long set that will premiere New Year's Eve on TV and the Internet.

The event will air on Current TV and Current.com starting 12 a.m. ET on Dec. 31, and will repeat three times throughout the next day.

Radiohead hosted one such Webcast in early November, during which the band played new material as well as such covers as the Smiths' "The Headmaster Ritual," Bjork's "Unravel" and New Order's "Ceremony."

"In Rainbows" is due Jan. 1 on CD in North America via TBD Recordings/ATO. The track "Bodysnatchers" is No. 25 this week on Billboard's Modern Rock chart

My only complaint is that the soft button thing that holds in the CD sucks.

how true.

i also wish the lyrics would be seperate and let the artwork be connected.

i don't think the artwork booklet is one to look at again and again.

4 Minute Warning got a lot better than the bootlegs i had heard.

Last Flowers have slightly hoaky lyrics, but the "relief" part really kicks Karma Police (acoustic guitar/piano) style.

they really sterillized Up On the Ladder.

i wish they would release the HTTT era recording - i'm assuming it's more in tempo with the pre-HTTT live version.

Yorke Addresses EMI Renegotiation Report

Radiohead

December 31, 2007, 1:30 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke has responded to a report that his band demanded an exorbitant advance from EMI for its next album as well as control of its back catalog, before ultimately deciding not to re-sign with the company.

The Times of London reported Friday that Radiohead rejected a

this is selling for 7.99 and the packaging looks really cool - i've already seen one commercial.

i wonder if there is any different artwork than the Discbox or if it's just the same on a smaller scale?

Bought the Cd on Saturday on an impulse. My local music store started selling it Saturday when their major rival did the same thing. I'll sell it back to them shortly. "House of Cards" is fantastic: a great, haunting melody that you can't get out of your head. The rest of the album (apart from a couple of songs) leaves me cold or bored. I feel sorry for Ed O'Brien and Johnny Greenwood who get do next to nothing on another Radiohead album. I like it when I can't hear Thom Yorke's lyrics. He has a great voice but when I hear "I get eaten by the worms" I can only squirm. Miserable music made by miserable people to make people feel miserable. Only (half) joking. That said, I'd love to see them live.

I finally heard something off this album (Body Snatchers??). Not bad, but nothing all that special. It seems to me it took about half the song to finally get a really decent groove going.

LouieB

I got around to listening to the album a few weeks ago. IMHO the first two tracks are the weakest (15 Steps and Bodysnatchers), and are still both very decent songs. The rest of the tracks are just amazing. The only thing that takes In Rainbows down a notch or two from masterpiece status, for me, is the overall feel - or maybe just the sequencing; it doesn't quite feel 'whole'. Great tunes but they add up to ____? It could very well be that's what they were going for...rather than satisfied, the listener comes away feeling mildly disturbed. :)

Still I love this record...it's been in heavy rotation on my zune.