Radiohead- In Rainbows

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Videotape ends with a sound that sounds exactly like a part of Wilco's "I Thought I Held You". I think it's just wood blocks or something.

It's the near-ending part of Wilco's song.....right before Tweedy sings, "I don't think you even understand..."

I'm not in any way saying it's a forgery.....just interesting to me that everytime I listen to Videotape, I'm reminded of Wilco's awesome tune.

Videotape ends with a sound that sounds exactly like a part of Wilco's "I Thought I Held You". I think it's just wood blocks or something.

It's the near-ending part of Wilco's song.....right before Tweedy sings, "I don't think you even understand..."

I'm not in any way saying it's a forgery.....just interesting to me that everytime I listen to Videotape, I'm reminded of Wilco's awesome tune.

everytime i listen to Videotape i think of Spoon.

that weird percussion sound is similiar to a song on Kill the Moonlight - track 5 i think.

so i downloaded the live version of Videotape... WAY better than what they ended up going with on the cd. i wonder what made them want to turn that track so dull?

I've gone back over the past few days and dug up some of the older incarnations of Arpeggi, Reckoner, Videotape and Nude just to review/compare; (always kinda a fun thing to do).

The versions from last years tour of Videotape are more drawn out with sections of Jonny wailing away on guitar. That's probably still fine for a concert setting but it wouldn't have fit well within the context of this record. I'm digging this new version more myself.

And BTW, if I had to pick the weakest track it'd be Faust Arp. Certainly not House of Cards.

So, who is this Jospe dude? Glacier/Essox or whatever you call him? Back from the dead!

Anyway, the new album is a real improvement over Thief, for me anyway. Thief didn't quite hold my interest after a while. This one seems to have a bit more oomph to it and I imagine in a live setting the songs will be fantastic.

I downloaded "Rainbows" over the weekend and just got around to listening to it yesterday & this morning. I paid only $2 at download time because I'm not a big Radiohead fan and wasn't sure if I would like it, but after listening, I think it's pretty good -- in fact, I think I like it better than their other records -- and it's worth more than I paid, so I plan to go back and buy it again to kick in a few more $$.

After listening to this now about 20 times, I can safely rank the albums like:

1. Kid A

2. The Bends

3. OK Computer

4. In Rainbows

5. Amnesiac

6. Hail To The Thief

7. Pablo Honey

And just because it's 4th in my list, it doesn't mean that In Rainbows isn't brilliant. It's more of a reflection of just how incredible Kid A, The Bends, and OK Computer are.

Song rankings:

1. Nude (brilliant -- although my wife said it reminds her of a song from the Little Mermaid soundtrack)

2. House of Cards (dig the drum beat -- the violins remind me of Nels Cline's guitar effects)

3. Reckoner (I like what they did to this -- wasn't really a big fan of the live version from 2001)

4. Bodysnatchers (perfect)

5. Faust Arp (a pretty song to segue into the second half of the album)

6. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (I think Kyle said it earlier -- they should have separated the two songs)

7. Jigsaw (not got into Open Pick, and I like this version better)

8. 15 Step (not a big fan of the change in notes in the opening lines -- but love the kids' screams)

9. All I Need (saw the debut in Chicago last year, and it really didn't to anything for me -- same here)

10. Videotape (I miss the guitar from the live performances)

8. 15 Step (not a big fan of the change in notes in the opening lines -- but love the kids' screams)

I've onlly listened to the album twice, and I think this might be my favorite track so far. I dig the jazzy feel of it.

I think Treefingers is one the most necessary and perfectly placed tracks ive ever heard on an album. After the first four tracks you need a second to catch your breath and thats what Treefingers is and then you kick right into Optimisitc...its pretty perfect.

Exactly. And it's a lot cooler when you realize Ed did it all on guitar.

I have a question for all the big radiohead fans. I just recently downloaded some radiohead concert dvds like from Bonnaroo and others. They didnt come with artwork. Do you know of a site that hosts stuff like that? I'd like to have a cover for my case.

Where did you get Bonnaroo from?