Radiohead- In Rainbows

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the first half of the album on first listen, but the second half might take longer. Definitely love Nude, Arpeggi, and All I Need on first listen. It seems more cohesive than HTTT and definitely a short album. Oh well, have to wait til the boxset thing comes out to hear the second disc

Best: 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Jigsaw Falling Into Place

weak links: House of Cards and Videotape

Overall, I think I like this more than the past few Radiohead albums because Yorke's voice seems a bit less whiny and shaky.

"House of Cards" is the only stinker on it I think... not sure I get all the love for "Nude", it's nice, but not that brilliant song everyone's made out.

depends if it's the OKC era version or newer funkier version. i can't get a response as to which it is.

not sure I get all the love for "Nude", it's nice, but not that brilliant song everyone's made out.

It's a solid song and a good rendition here but there's been various arrangements out there for years. It'll take awhile for me to kinda embrace this new version.

On another note: Wheee! I can't wait for the vinyl.

depends if it's the OKC era version or newer funkier version. i can't get a response as to which it is.

Sparse and light. Not as "sweet" or "chimey" as the earlier versions. Bit quicker tempo. Not quite as moribund either.

Did that help at all, cause I'm not quite sure I actually said anything?

Sparse and light. Not as "sweet" or "chimey" as the earlier versions. Bit quicker tempo. Not quite as moribund either.

Did that help at all, cause I'm not quite sure I actually said anything?

sound interpretation is hard to verbalize, but you get an A for effort no doubt.

someone needs to have a blog stream or youtube vid with the audio so i can listen at work. surely someone has done this...

am i the only one that thinks there is a certain melancholy to the music being made today?

so far i'm liking in rainbows, it's no kidA and doesn't have the edge of amnesiac, but holds its own in a sorrowful melodic sweet creepy kind of way. all i need stands out the most to me so far.

well made it through one time. I can't judge any of the songs since ive only herd them once but i can say.....

music clearer mix then most of their other stuff. You can really hear everyone fairly clear. Its much poppier then there other stuff. It kinda of takes what they've done before and puts it in more easily digestable setting

well made it through one time. I can't judge any of the songs since ive only herd them once but i can say.....

music clearer mix then most of their other stuff. You can really hear everyone fairly clear. Its much poppier then there other stuff. It kinda of takes what they've done before and puts it in more easily digestable setting

this reads like a thom yorke post!