Radiohead- In Rainbows

Also, this'll annoy some people, it's going to be at 160kbps..., one zip file of ~48 mb...

I wonder how many times it will be posted and removed from Oink in the next few days.

I think I will just wait for the cd release.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have yet to get that latest update. a little worried...

i'm so close to staying home from work tomorrow so i can listen to this. bah.

i would maybe consider that, but i'll just wait till i get home. hopefully the servers will have cooled down by then.

yes, i don't know why anyone would rather get it from another source. there won't be a better source until Dec 3rd at least - unless some unforeseen things occur between now and then.

I think I will just wait for the cd release.

Word.

It probably won't even be all that great anyway. Every R'head album I got, I played obsessively for a few days and then never played them again. Apart from The Bends and some of OK Computer.

Word.

It probably won't even be all that great anyway. Every R'head album I got, I played obsessively for a few days and then never played them again. Apart from The Bends and some of OK Computer.

I like Ok Computer and a few other songs - such as How To Disapear Completely.

Now that I see they are simply giving away Mp3s - I don't see what the big deal is.

I am sure it's just the novelty of the thing and when the cd comes out, it will be another fine Radiohead album. Which is all well and good but it's not gonna move the earth off it's axis.

Let's all keep in mind that you can legally get this from Radiohead 100% FREE... if you plug zeros into the price field, it doesn't even ask you for a credit card #. So no reason to complain, and kind of silly to look for it using filesharing programs...

Another reason it won't be up at that one place - but I would almost bet people will try. Why? Because you would get big points off of seeding those files.

so does this mean us in the usa will have acess around 5 or 6?

today?

if so today just got awesome

Word.

after this announcement i got HTTT back out.

i think it would be considered a lot greater had it not been so bloated. if they edited to a 10 song/40 min or so album, it would have been better received.

Myxomatosis still blows me away. i've never heard any recording remotely like that. those synths just rip through the speakers.

so does this mean us in the usa will have acess around 5 or 6?

today?

if so today just got awesome

how do you figure this, if it's apparently being released at 10 AM UK time...tomorrow?

not that i would complain if i came home tonight and found an activation code in my inbox...

Oasis, Jamiroquai to follow Radiohead

By Harry Wallop and Lucy Cockcroft

Last Updated: 12:54pm BST 09/10/2007

Radiohead fans are willing to pay for their music

Now Jamiroquai and Oasis, two major names that are not contracted to a record labels, are rumoured to be considering following Radiohead by offering work for free, according to industry sources.

Radiohead refuse to reveal how many fans have pre-ordered their seventh album, In Rainbows, but figures from HitWise show the move pushed the site up from number 43 to the top slot for music websites in the UK.

Google say that searches for Radiohead have increased tenfold this week as fans log on to the band

so far so good...

Thom's voice sounds really great on this... it annoyed me a number of times on the last 3 albums

edit: Bodysnatchers sounds really really harsh... wonder if it's this low bitrate rip or if that's just how it sounds :hmm