Radiohead- In Rainbows

This things got more swing than their last 3 records combined. The drumming is fantastic, as is Thom's voice. Oh my, this is the best 0 pounds and 00 pence I've ever spent on anything.

(before you guys get all mad, I'm broke and don't get paid until friday. I'll buy it proper then.)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea how the fuck it happened, but I got this rekkid off Soulseek about three hours before I came across the first rumblings of the official download being made available. Self = rock and roll SO HARD.

make sure it's not the fake live recordings w/ the audience cut out, i know someone who got burned by that earlier today

This things got more swing than their last 3 records combined. The drumming is fantastic, as is Thom's voice. Oh my, this is the best 0 pounds and 00 pence I've ever spent on anything.(before you guys get all mad, I'm broke and don't get paid until friday. I'll buy it proper then.)

i didn't hear much drumming yet (just drum machiens), but i'm only on track 2 ;)

i didn't hear much drumming yet (just drum machiens), but i'm only on track 2 ;)

Maybe I just can't tell the difference, but there seems to be a lot of live drumming on here.

Either way, on first listen "Jigsaw" is the standout song. Wow.

Videotape dissapointed me a tad, but only because I loved the 2006 live version so much and the album version is vastly different. I still really like this one on the album though. I want Jim Eno to coproduce the next record.

make sure it's not the fake live recordings w/ the audience cut out, i know someone who got burned by that earlier today

It's unequivocally, unmistakably, undeniably the actual studio album. 160 kps and everything! About halfway through, I'm already willing to concede that it's their best since OKC. I'm a fair weather Radiohead fan who has avoided all of the new material save for a few live versions of Videotape, but I'm really liking this harvest.

if you cherry pick the best songs from that and Amnesiac you have one helluva record :)

but i'd still put a combined Kid Amnesiac below the Bends & OKC, maybe HTTT

:blink

OK Computer is my favorite, but I'd go straight to the combined Kid A/Amnesiac after that.

:blink

OK Computer is my favorite, but I'd go straight to the combined Kid A/Amnesiac after that.

The Bends was pretty much all i listened to in 1995... it'll always be my fave of theirs. yeah the production is dated, so what, the songs are undeniably great :)

took me a number of months to get into OKC

The Bends was pretty much all i listened to in 1995... it'll always be my fave of theirs. yeah the production is dated, so what, the songs are undeniably great :)

took me a number of months to get into OKC

The Bends is better than perfect, don't get me wrong. I just think OK Computer and Kid A are just a little more perfect.

(I even like Pablo Honey)

P.S. House of Cards is great.

I keep sticking on Nude. Haunting song. I can't believe that this is a record of straightforward songs, more or less. It's like listening to Sky Blue Sky in a way. Revelatory in that the band is going back to a time and a style I never really expected them to revisit. Awesome.

i think this is less straightforward for the most part than Thief... it's a great mix of guitar-based songs + electronic snippets

Not as impressed by the studio Nude as i'd hoped... there's been some amazing live versions.

House of Cards is def great...

edit: only a min into Jigsaw, this is def a standout for sure :w00t

What are all you midwesterners doing up this late, anyway?!? :brow

some stupid band :monkey

edit: not sure what i think of Videotape overall... only track i'm not that crazy about on first listen, but not bad either i suppose. pretty if nothing else.

after one full listen, this is the best Yorke's voice has sounded to me in YEARS... in fact i don't think his voice annoys me once on this album (ok that's probably a lie) and i can understand about 90% of the lyrics too :lol

ok, one more listen THEN bed... i swear :lol