• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right next door to Racey's coffee shop (it's actually connected) is the Nucleus

holds about 125-140 people i'd say. saw Justin twice there in October, first time opening for DeYarmond Edison (the 2nd of their two reunion shows), that one was sold out, but the second time was opening for Land of Talk and there was only like 35-40 people there.

can't wait

I am thinking about trying to make it to eau claire for this show, is the Nucleus a 21+ kinda thing? I looked online and it from what I could tell, it was a coffee shop, which I think bodes well.

I just want to see Bon Iver really bad and the show in milwaukee is 21+, so I am hoping the eau claire one works out

Am I the only one that can barely make out a word this guys sings? I mean, it makes it kind of tough to listen to sensitive acoustic ballads when I can't understand the words. I do love the overall feel of the disc; I just wish I knew what he was singing about. It also kind of makes me want to go throw on some Iron and Wine....

Am I the only one that can barely make out a word this guys sings? I mean, it makes it kind of tough to listen to sensitive acoustic ballads when I can't understand the words. I do love the overall feel of the disc; I just wish I knew what he was singing about. It also kind of makes me want to go throw on some Iron and Wine....

never had a problem understanding any of his lyrics to be perfectly honest...

never had a problem understanding any of his lyrics to be perfectly honest...

See, I think I must have a problem. There are just certain bands/singers that after like 2 minutes, I just sort of zone out on the whole package. The Shins, My Morning Jacket, Radiohead, and this Bon Iver fella come to mind.

now Thom Yorke i'd have to agree with... post OKC i often wonder if he's singing in English

And he is one guy that I can seem to pick up the lyrics to the songs fairly easily. :hmm

Here are Bon Iver's Canadian tour dates:

Feb. 26 Moncton, NB @ Manhattan w/Black Mountain

Feb. 27 Halifax, NS @ Marquee Club w/Black Mountain

Feb. 29 Montreal, QC @ La Sala Rossa w/Black Mountain

March 5 Toronto, ON @ Lee's Palace w/Black Mountain

March 25 Vancouver, BC @ Media Club

big label?

Unless Bear's has changed in the last 10 years, that would be a fun friggin show.

I'll have to check out the Bloomington show. Bear's is still pretty small. I caught Haley Bonar there last year, but they were showing a movie beforehand, so we had to wait at the bar before the show.

Anyway if anyone plans on going to the Bloomington show shot me a pm, first round on me

• 2 weeks later...

just a heads up to any people close to the Twin Cities...

Justin is doing a private in-store at the Electric Fetus this Wednesday (Feb 13) @ 8pm. To obtain a free ticket, you must pre-order the CD or Vinyl in person at the Fetus by Tuesday the 12th (there are still tix available).

And lastly, Justin is coming back to the Turf Club yet again in April (Sat, April 12th)

http://www.morecowbell.net/2008/02/08/bon-...ns-to-the-turf/

Tickets are $8 and are on-sale now. Buy your tickets ASAP as the last one sold out in a couple days.

That is all.

:music

p.s. Justin plays the Orpheum Stage Door in Madison the night before (Fri, April 11th)

http://www.muzzleofbees.com/2008/02/07/mad...ement-bon-iver/