The Jayhawks (including Louris, Olson, and related)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new record?! Wow! :dancing

In the picture it looks like Mark O. is playing the bass and Marc P.(?) is playing acoustic guitar...strange. Also, Gary is on an acoustic. I would hope he would dig his SG and fuzz face out for this momentous occasion.

I knew 2011 was going to better than 2010.

i'm hoping for some electric stuff too.

thanks AMan. i'm rounding out my collection and didn't want to get it if its going to be coming out again.

I am guessing they don't own the album?

You would think they would have done another re-release when they put out The Bunkhouse Album this past spring.

The reissue adds three bonus tracks. It's worth getting it over the original.

Blue Earth may be my least favorite Jayhawks album. Some of it is really unlistenable (to me...) so three more tracks won't make me rebuy it. But if you don't have it, certainly get it in that configuration. I am getting intrested in the other more recent reissues though, since I like them a whole lot.

It appears the non-Olsen albums are out of print though .

LouieB

I am guessing they don't own the album?

You would think they would have done another re-release when they put out The Bunkhouse Album this past spring.

that's what i was thinking. i guess they aren't interested in it as it has been reissued and some of the tunes were re-recorded for HTH. wonder if they'll reissue Sound of Lies, Smile, and the last one, can't remember the name now. Rain something? i really hope they tour in the spring. i'd love to see them.

that's what i was thinking. i guess they aren't interested in it as it has been reissued and some of the tunes were re-recorded for HTH. wonder if they'll reissue Sound of Lies, Smile, and the last one, can't remember the name now. Rain something? i really hope they tour in the spring. i'd love to see them.

Rainy Day Music

That would be the same as making someone buy Human Touch/Lucky Town a second time. Ha ha ha ha

Rainy Day Music

That would be the same as making someone buy Human Touch/Lucky Town a second time. Ha ha ha ha

so you're comparing smile and SOL to human touch/lucky town? :dancing nice one. so which would be lucky town? anyway, i'm kind of on a jayhawks revival and hope to revisit those albums in the near future. i think if i can focus on gary and his guitar then i'd like them more. i've tried several times, to no avail. i know some folks just love those albums. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me is a great song though.

so you're comparing smile and SOL to human touch/lucky town? :dancing nice one. so which would be lucky town? anyway, i'm kind of on a jayhawks revival and hope to revisit those albums in the near future. i think if i can focus on gary and his guitar then i'd like them more. i've tried several times, to no avail. i know some folks just love those albums. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me is a great song though.

I have to say I don't care for the Smile album. Sound of Lies I can live with.

Rainy Day Music is great.

I have to say I don't care for the Smile album. Sound of Lies I can live with.

Rainy Day Music is great.

Rainy Day Music is excellent. Maybe one or two songs too long for me, but all the songs are good. I really like O'Reagan's tunes on that album. Nice prelude to his great solo album. Hope he gets a track or two on the new album. That would mix things up a bit.

Agreed...Rainy Day Music is great. The other two...not so much.

Anyway I guess it is good for the fans that the Jayhawks have become a nostalgia act. Worse things could happen. I am looking forward to these shows.

LouieB

Agreed...Rainy Day Music is great. The other two...not so much.

Anyway I guess it is good for the fans that the Jayhawks have become a nostalgia act. Worse things could happen. I am looking forward to these shows.

LouieB

I wouldn't call them a "nostalgia act" if they're releasing a new record. I didn't catch them back when they were an active band, so I'm really looking forward to whatever they plan to tour on.

I wouldn't call them a "nostalgia act" if they're releasing a new record. I didn't catch them back when they were an active band, so I'm really looking forward to whatever they plan to tour on.

Nah, I suppose not, but touring on the heels of reissuing old material kind of is. But then again both the Pixies and Pavement have made a good living do this in recent years. No reason for the Jayhawks not to cash in as well. I am all in favor of this too. Doesn't bother me at all.

LouieB

im just happy that mark and gary resurrected their relationship. it was bad there for a long while.

i wasn't under the impression that it was BAD, just that they each had other ideas of what they wanted to do. i'm sure gary was pissed when mark left, but that allowed him to go in the more pop direction.

i'm glad they're back together too :cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Gary posted a photo of himself mixing the new album the other day. I am looking forward to hearing it.

yeah, looking forward to it. i hope it's something special. i'm thinking a late spring release? wait, wilco will probably have a new one coming out by then too...one can hope:)