The Jayhawks (including Louris, Olson, and related)

i am looking forward to the record but unfair to the band this will be a letdown to me compared to HTH of TTGG. 2011 time is different from early 90s. the band's magic and spirit is a little different too. yes i know this happens.

maybe letdown is too harsh, my expectations aren't too high. im not expecting to be blown away by this record. I want to hear good songwriting, melodies, harmonies. Im sure i will hear that.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am looking forward to the record but unfair to the band this will be a letdown to me compared to HTH of TTGG. 2011 time is different from early 90s. the band's magic and spirit is a little different too. yes i know this happens.

maybe letdown is too harsh, my expectations aren't too high. im not expecting to be blown away by this record. I want to hear good songwriting, melodies, harmonies. Im sure i will hear that.

have only heard the single. i love the production. also love the cover. should be good.

i dont know what i was thinking when i wrote that. perhaps im still sore that the band stopped playing for a few years. i used to see this band many many times and loved them. So Yeah, I am pumped about the record, original lineup, but im not going to think it will be TTGG. Times change....

i dont know what i was thinking when i wrote that. perhaps im still sore that the band stopped playing for a few years. i used to see this band many many times and loved them. So Yeah, I am pumped about the record, original lineup, but im not going to think it will be TTGG. Times change....

good point. these days i'm not asking anymore than for a good production and a few catchy tunes that i remember. have only heard the single once and i could sing the chorus for you. that's a good sign.

Nice! There's coming to my town. I wonder how much tickets are.............

Great Jayhawks in Boston $33 after SC

NYC $66!!!!!! REALLY! Still going but wow! :headbonk

Glad it is at the Beacon though usually great sound and good place to see a show!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally picked up the re-masters not to long ago. I have to say the Mystery Demos are great. I had read a little about those tracks before, but had never heard them. I suppose I may dig around and see if I can find the whole collection.

The Jayhawks new record preorder bundle packages are out, similar to Wilco release, Deluxe, LP, CD packages with bonus songs and DVD documentary.

all cool cool stuff!!!!

so excited, it feels like mid 90s again with all the classic Alt. Country releases---Wilco, Jayhawks, Ryan Adams!!!

(now we just need a new Blue Mountain record!)

The Jayhawks new record preorder bundle packages are out, similar to Wilco release, Deluxe, LP, CD packages with bonus songs and DVD documentary.

all cool cool stuff!!!!

so excited, it feels like mid 90s again with all the classic Alt. Country releases---Wilco, Jayhawks, Ryan Adams!!!

we need a farrar release and it'd be a perfect fall. i'm not complaining though:)

all cool cool stuff!!!!

What we really need to complete the set is a new Grant-Lee Buffalo record, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility as they have reformed for some shows recently.

• 3 weeks later...

I wondered what the deal was with that.

I visit Spinner pretty regularly -- great way to preview upcoming releases and discover new artists. But their write-ups have been frequently unimaginative, lazy, or just flat-out wrong. Not sure who's doing the research or putting those together, but they could use some work.

The Jayhawks perform "Tiny Arrows" on Soundcheck in The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space at WNYC.

Tune in to Souncheck featuring conversation and performance from The Jayhawks on Friday Sept. 30th at 2pm on WNYC 93.9 FM or WNYC.org