The Jayhawks (including Louris, Olson, and related)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this. i live in atlanta, but not sure about this show. band of horses site makes it sound like jayhawks are opening up...? i'm kicking myself because mark olson played here last sunday night and i didn't know until after the fact. i'm usually on top of these things. i knew he was doing a little tour, but just assumed he wouldn't hit the south. as for the venue the jayhawks are playing with band of horses, well, it's a shed and quite a hassle to get to and park. i was hoping they'd be playing theaters this spring or something.

I have no idea who The Band of Horses are, but I would certainly go see The Jayhawks.

AMan you are the fucking shit. i saw on a dylan thread that you didn't know who mumford and sons or avett brothers are and now you don't know who the band of horses are! awesome! how do you keep from getting caught up in the buzz man. i always do and i get burned. this board buzzes alot with those bands....and more.

AMan you are the fucking shit. i saw on a dylan thread that you didn't know who mumford and sons or avett brothers are and now you don't know who the band of horses are! awesome! how do you keep from getting caught up in the buzz man. i always do and i get burned. this board buzzes alot with those bands....and more.

Joking.

Analogman, my wife and I want to thank you for posting about the Jayhawks in Atlanta. Wow. Very excited. We saw The Cardinals at the same venue. It is a shed but we had great seats. If it is true that Band of Horses are the headliner... damn. That is just sad. Band of Horses should insist that they open for The Jayhawks. I hope that they still play a long set. Don't get me wrong, nothing will keep us from this show but things like this are a telling comment on the music industry and fans. How in hell can they not be the headliner? I understand that Band of Horse are likely a bigger draw but that's the problem. What. The. Fuck.

Oh well. Rebecca at the Porter Beer Bar, our ATL local, if you are reading this, Doug and Elizabeth will see you in April. :cheers

Thanks again to Analogman. I check the Jayhawks' website but I might have missed Friday's ticket sale without you. :thumbup

• 1 month later...

went to jayhawks last night. they were GREAT! they played two new tunes and the rest was off TTGG and HTH. i just love seeing mark standing in the middle just strumming his guitar.

the only drawback was it was an amphitheater which had questionable sound. also, they were second of three acts. Band of Horses were last. they were very entertaining and just a well-oiled machine.

anyway, the new tunes sounded good and gary mentioned that the new album would be out in august and that a tour would follow. i hope it's smaller venues like wilco plays.

oh, and as i was going up to get tickets at the box office these dudes just gave us free VIP tickets! so great when music karma hits!

• 2 months later...

"The album will include all former bands members"

"The difference from then and now is that Mark and I have both experienced different kinds of music and expanded our palates."

No Depression JamBands.com is in serious need of a copy editor.

They also misspelled "Louris" once. And if ALL former "bands" members are involved, that's about a dozen people.

"The difference from then and now is that Mark and I have both experienced different kinds of music and expanded our palates."

They also misspelled "Louris" once. And if ALL former "bands" members are involved, that's about a dozen people.

this is ridiculous. i get so frustrated when the music news gets info wrong. just the number of drummers who have been in the jayhawks would make the recording a logistical nightmare.

anyway, when you really know a subject and you hear/read a piece on it and see how wrong they get things it makes you wonder how accurate the news really is. i know music, mental health and public education. when i hear a story on either, it's usually full of complete crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, be happy.

• 1 month later...

I respect this band. A lot. They are one of my favorite of all time. Their run from Bunkhouse to Tomorrow the Green grass was stellar, and a bunch of songs from Sound of Lies, Smile, and Rainy Day Music would add up to a very good record.

Edit:

This one's a grower. ;)

how good? hollywood town hall good or just rainy day music good?

If I'm being honest, after a few more listens, not as good as either. Still good though. Not as bad, in my opinion, as Orkie's comments above would suggest (although I can see where those comments are coming from).