The Jayhawks (including Louris, Olson, and related)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It grew on me. Love King of Kings, Falling Star, Six Pack

it's growing on me slowly. when i'm listening i just imagine i'm watching them live and it gets better. six pack and king of kings are awesome. i also like tried and true love. nice pedal steel through out and gary's neil young meets clarence white is great. hope to get some of that on the new album:)

Does anyone have the original "Mystery Demos" bootleg(s)? I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could share it if they have them. Apparently there were as many as 46 tracks over 2 cds that have been circulating. I'd like to hear all the tracks that didn't make it onto the reissues.

http://sixtytozero.blogspot.com/2009/01/demystifying-jayhawks-mystery-demos.html

Wow this will be an expensive Jayhawks month. Going to both Webster Hall shows, buying reissue vinyl of HTH TTGG and I guess now both 2 cd sets!

:stunned

What a set list:

The Jayhawks

Phoenix Concert Theatre

Tuesday January 18, 2011

Start time 9:49 pm

1. Wichita

2. Pray for Me

3. Real Light

4. Red's Song

5. Nothing Left to Borrow

6. Tomorrow the Green Grass

7. Let the Critics Wonder

8. Two Hearts

9. Settled Down Like Rain

10. Nevada, California

11. She Walks

12. Warm River

13. Blue

14. I'd Run Away

15. No Place

16. Miss Williams Guitar

17. Black Eyed Susan

18. Bad Time

19. People in this Place

20. Waiting for the Sun

Encore: 21. Clouds

22. Tampa to Tulsa

23. Lights

• 2 weeks later...

Louris & Olson: the full Q&A

It's amazing to me that their albums were out of print. I did not know that.

great article. it's fun to think about the album that would've come after TTHGG. would've had a bunch of those demos that ended up on the gary/mark album. i'm psyched about this new one and hope they tour the south.

Looks the like the Jayhawks are back in full force!

Let's hope so this time and let's hope that they get some decent sales and gig attendances. If ever a band deserved another bite at the cherry...

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/01/31/jayhawks-video/

i figured all the talk in that article about a band reuniting and still having some sort of creative peak ahead of them was just the usual talk-it-up before the record came out. But from the very first seconds I must say i was sold on this. now i really can't wait.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/01/31/jayhawks-video/

i figured all the talk in that article about a band reuniting and still having some sort of creative peak ahead of them was just the usual talk-it-up before the record came out. But from the very first seconds I must say i was sold on this. now i really can't wait.

yeah, great song and classic sound. the band does look so focused playing though. jitters maybe :)

If the new album is not like Smile, or has more get up and go than Rainy Day Music I will be happy. I've never seen Gary play a Rickenbacker before. Is that an original or a new one?

i'm not sure if it's new or vintage. i've really missed his electric playing. he's def. got his own sound. to me it's like a nice mix between neil young and clarence white. tasty licks:) btw-great comment about smile and rainy day music. although, i've grown to love smile.