Attention Crafty People

ok. i dropped my sewing machine off for service yesterday. because monday is a holiday, it may not be ready until NEXT FRIDAY. :blink

i've given myself plenty of non-sewing machine related projects to do in the meantime, but...i may need to lean on you all for support.

(since i've been out of work, i've used it every day. so you can see what's going on here.)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I FedEx my sewing machine and the stuff I bought to make curtains and dog beds to you?

Can I FedEx my sewing machine and the stuff I bought to make curtains and dog beds to you?

:lol if i wasn't up to my ears in 3 quilts that are at least 4 years in the making (this isn't counting the HUGE one that is still in the closet), i might let you do that.

today: made inroads on the embroidery for the kaliedoscope quilt. i usually use a daisy/chain stitch, this time tried just using a stem stitch. not as cute. alas.

also: did some re-blocking of the felt messenger bag. it's looking pretty good. once the pouch portion of the bag is dry, i'm going to take another pass at the flap.

the whole thing got twisted in the wash. i didn't notice until last night just where the corner "seams" were. so i did some further shaping and pinning.

My plans for the day:

Make about 10 pair of leg warmers for my customers.

Make some cowboy and cowgirl bibs for an upcoming craft show and also to list on eBay. They are bibs that look like a cowboy bandana around their neck. They're way cute.

Make my niece some hair bows.

Rip the seams out of the Valentine pageboy cap I made and put it all back together the right way. I hate when that happens...

If my new fabric arrives today, I'll be making a twirl skirt!

My ma's coming to visit tomorrow, and I intend to put her sewing skills to work on these curtains. I'm not going to be content until I pawn this job off to someone else. :monkey

recent stuff: i've used some left over strip sets from a quilt border, and left over flannel used for the back of said quilt to make a pair of pillowcases! this marks the first project for which i've employed both the sewing machine and serger. it's a brand new day!

they look really nice! i may just try to use some of my other quilt scraps to make some more pillow cases. hmm!

also: i mended a pair of pants that have been sitting, folded on my sewing desk for about 18 months. woo! i love these pants and am sooooo happy to have them back in the rotation! (before i made the decision to patch the hole torn in them at the hip, i tried them on to make sure they fit. BONUS!! i wore them yesterday :love )

tonight will either see me quilting (one day at a time with this one...) or sewing the liner for the felted messenger bag. i want to put a pocket in there. it's deciding which fabric to use as the pocket lining that's got that one still unfinished. maybe i'll get that done. now that the rain has stopped here, i can use that bag. :thumbup

I finished a pair of socks tonight. They're about 1/4" too short and they're making my toes curl. Not in a good way.

That's three people I know who thought it was Richard Nixon! What is wrong with you people? :w00t

The new site looks great!