The latest Ryan Adams thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to see Mr. Adams tonight in Columbia (unless it is canx for God knows what reason between now and 7pm) I'll tell you all (who care) how it goes tomorrow. You know, did I hang out with Mandy Moore, did I get kicked out for yelling Summer of 69 again. I kid. Looking foward to tonight and I hope I get the Awesomely Awesom Ryan and not the out of control nightmare I got last time around.

Going to see Mr. Adams tonight in Columbia (unless it is canx for God knows what reason between now and 7pm) I'll tell you all (who care) how it goes tomorrow. You know, did I hang out with Mandy Moore, did I get kicked out for yelling Summer of 69 again. I kid. Looking foward to tonight and I hope I get the Awesomely Awesom Ryan and not the out of control nightmare I got last time around.

Focus on the good stuff, dude. :cheekkiss You're lucky to get to see Cardinals tonight!!! I'm jealous they're not coming near enough to me and that I have no vacation time left to road-trip. :hmm

you're so, so, so lucky! from what i'm hearing, he's a little more laid back regarding audience chatter, etc... so, chances of your show being canceled/ cut short are slim to none. then again, he is Ryan Adams so you never really know, haha. have fun!

Well I saw Ryan last night, and I was in no way disappointed. Close to a two hour show (no encore). I'm not going to post entire setlist right now, but it was heavy on Easy Tiger and Cold Roses with only one song from Cardinology, two from Heartbreaker, two from Love is Hell, no Rock and Roll, two from Gold and one from Jacksonville City Nights. Anyway a number of highlights, with the opening song "I See Monsters" may have been the strongest number. They rocked the crap out of that one. The Cardinals have a super tight groove and seem perfect for Ryan. "Oh My Sweet Carolina" was amazing and to highlight Ryan's improved demeanor, a guy kept requesting "Damn Sam" from about the third song on. A crowd member yelled at the guy to "shut the hell up, let him play what he wants!" Ryan made a joke about brothers fighting and then turned to his band and said,"that guy really wants to hear that f**king song" he then told his band to "do what we always do and make it up as we go" They proceeded to play a beautiful version of the song, with Ryan walking the bass player through the ending. There was some akward banter, but it was all joking/positive and some of it was really funny. Overall, that is a tight band and Ryan is about as naturally talented as it gets. I'm always amazed at his guitar playing when I see him live. If you get a chance (Columbia sold out) check him out on this tour. He has his crap together.

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing him in two weeks, in a different Columbia. When I heard about the Mandy Moore engagement, the first thing I thought was this can't be a good thing. So far so good, looks like.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/mandy-moore-quie...-adams/19866?nc

It looks like they tied the knot yesterday in Savannah. Wonder if she'll be at the show tonight in Charleston.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/mandy-moore-quie...-adams/19866?nc

It looks like they tied the knot yesterday in Savannah. Wonder if she'll be at the show tonight in Charleston.

Woah. Now I'm really excited about the show tomorrow. Wish I were going tonight, too.

Maybe she's preggers?

Anybody go to last night's show in Charleston?

Yeah, the band sounded great. I don't remember all the songs, but it was a good set. I See Monsters, Cold Roses, Wonderwall were probably my favorites. They also played a nice little improv song called We Suck. Ryan pointed out that a girl up front wearing a red dress was apparently not having a good time. He said he was trying his hardest to put on a good show to cheer her up, but it was working. So, the band went into a song about how she was going to yell at her boyfreind on the drive home for bringing her to the show. And how they were good back in the 90s. The chorus was something like We're sorry that we suck. We Suck. It was pretty funny.

My only complaint was the show ended a bit abruptly. They only played for about 90 minutes, finished Magick and walked off the stage. No encore, just started tearing down equipment. I guess Ryan was in a hurry to get home to Mandy.

only one Cardinology song?

they move on quick. is he still standing behind the 'break up the Cardinals after his tour thing' and maybe they're bitter over those songs?

i saw the other day he has a second book as well.

From a post on Ryan Adams Archive:

Beautiful Sorta

Born Into A Light

Cold Roses

Come Pick Me Up

Everybody Knows (fast) [my mom texted me and said, "he's really really happy!!!"]

Wonderwall

"some Neal Casal song - bev break"

Fix It

Why Do They Leave

Grand Island

Goodnight Rose

Shakedown on 9th St.

Band Intros [made fun of a girl there not having fun now singing a song about her]

Let It Ride

I See Monsters

another Casal song. doesn't know the name.

Mockingbird

Magick

EDIT- He walked off after Magick. Had been complaining about hearing issues. My bro talked to the lighting guy and was asking what's up and why they cut it short. He told him sorry and that most of the hearing issues are in his head.

Yeah, the band sounded great. I don't remember all the songs, but it was a good set. I See Monsters, Cold Roses, Wonderwall were probably my favorites. They also played a nice little improv song called We Suck. Ryan pointed out that a girl up front wearing a red dress was apparently not having a good time. He said he was trying his hardest to put on a good show to cheer her up, but it was working. So, the band went into a song about how she was going to yell at her boyfreind on the drive home for bringing her to the show. And how they were good back in the 90s. The chorus was something like We're sorry that we suck. We Suck. It was pretty funny.

My only complaint was the show ended a bit abruptly. They only played for about 90 minutes, finished Magick and walked off the stage. No encore, just started tearing down equipment. I guess Ryan was in a hurry to get home to Mandy.

haha thanks, nice review! Hope we get a good set tonight. I've been reading other reviews and it seems they haven't been doing encores at any of the shows.