The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the link, A-man. I just read through the thread and can't stop laughing about the girl who stood up the entire show and told everyone to suck her balls. She's supposed to be at the show tonight so I'll definitely look for her.

Ryan said he could hear a radio station through his IEM. They took a short break to fix it.

I remember seeing that girl standing/dancing. I don't know what the big deal was. She looked pretty short to me.

We got an encore! :dancing

OH and the show was pretty damn good, too. :thumbup

Setlist (From RAA)

On at 8:40

Beautiful Sorta

Born Into a Light

Cold Roses

Come Pick Me Up

Everybody Knows

Wonderwall

Freeway to the Canyon

**weird banter about a cameo video

Fix it

When the Stars go Blue

Grand Island

Shakedown on 9th Street

A Kiss before I go

Goodnight Rose

**band intro and a birthday song for Chris

Monsters

Let it Ride

Lost Satelite?

Two

Rescue Blues

Oh my God, whatever, etc

Evergreen

Magick

Encore

Oh my sweet Carolina

Easy Plateau

Off at 10:50

I think I pretty much had an out of body experience during I See Monsters. Good gracious, what a song. Ryan should definitely hallucinate more often.

We got an encore! :dancing

OH and the show was pretty damn good, too. :thumbup

Setlist (From RAA)

On at 8:40

Beautiful Sorta

Born Into a Light

Cold Roses

Come Pick Me Up

Everybody Knows

Wonderwall

Freeway to the Canyon

**weird banter about a cameo video

Fix it

When the Stars go Blue

Grand Island

Shakedown on 9th Street

A Kiss before I go

Goodnight Rose

**band intro and a birthday song for Chris

Monsters

Let it Ride

Lost Satelite?

Two

Rescue Blues

Oh my God, whatever, etc

Evergreen

Magick

Encore

Oh my sweet Carolina

Easy Plateau

Off at 10:50

I think I pretty much had an out of body experience during I See Monsters. Good gracious, what a song. Ryan should definitely hallucinate more often.

Sweet set!1 Thank you. My wife and I are very excited about Friday in Atlanta. We were already expecting a great show since they said it was an 'I'm sorry' makeup show. Then even more expectation arose when it was announced as 'the final Cardinals show ever'. Now he is a happy newlywed. If this show doesn't make the earth move under our feet, then something bad will happen at the Fox Theatre! :P

The Oct. Atlanta (Alpharetta) show was a great 70 minutes. When we saw them at Red Rocks a couple of years ago, 'I See Monsters' was incredible. I agree with the 'Good gracious, what a song'. Fingers crossed for a new addition to my 'Best shows ever' list. But we've built it up so much, we'll likely be disappointed no matter what ensues! AARGH! :pirate

A friend of mine will also be at that Atlanta show. I had thought about going with her until they scheduled a show right in my backyard. I wish more bands would play the Township. Last night I kept thinking to myself what a great venue for Wilco. Will never happen, but I can dream.

Here's to hoping you guys get as good of a show as we got. Ryan was in such a great mood, making jokes, saying how "rad" our venue was and how much fun he was having. I had a feeling they would do an encore even though they hadn't been doing them much. I bet you guys get two encores! :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
check it out, the "last" Cardinals gig is up on archive.org. The Cardinals- Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA 3/20/2009

I was able to catch the magical night which was The Fox. On this tour I was able

to catch the B'ham, 1st ATL, the 2 in Nashville, and then Friday nights.

The only show which I really just didn't dig was the B-ham show. The two in Nashville

and The Fox were dang Good Times. I must say the Friday show may have been the

best CARDS show since '06 which I have attended. I guess I have caught 8-12 shows each

year the past 3 years. There were some great ones but everything from song selection, jams,

beautifil playing, a KIND and respectable sold-out crowd, not to mention this crowd on their feet

from the opening song till the final bows made Friday's show something special.

I don't write "reviews" but I did send a short email out this morning to some friends with the

archived show link and simply stated:

Cold Roses, Natural Ghost, Easy PLATEAU>Batering LINES was Heavy Heavy.

Other HIGHlights for me.............Mag>PDLMMG, Peaceful Valley run and the ending piece of

Icey Monsters, CPMU, Rescue Blues and the best Wonderwall>GOODNIGHT ROSE I have heard

and a fitting song (as of right now??) the last song of a MF CARDINAL show ever.

It was a hellava ride with this band lineup. A band I will miss more than I have any other since

August 9, 1995.

There's a lot of stuff there to be had. Much like the Black Crowes, he shelved albums that were better than what he ended up releasing. At least I think so.

so what are you thinking of? 48 hours, suicide handbook, destroyer? what's the best. i liked that exile on franklin street at one time.

so what are you thinking of? 48 hours, suicide handbook, destroyer? what's the best. i liked that exile on franklin street at one time.

Destroyer: good, not great. But worth checking out.

48 Hours: his best "alt.country" record he ever made

Suicide Handbook: Pure acoustic. Almost solo acoustic. Very, very good (if you like the singer-songwriter aspect of RA).

Other interesting unreleased records are the Elizabethtown Sessions and all the Love Is Hell B-sides, rarities, and alternate sessions.

All are :ahem: available here.

Destroyer: good, not great. But worth checking out.

48 Hours: his best "alt.country" record he ever made

Suicide Handbook: Pure acoustic. Almost solo acoustic. Very, very good (if you like the singer-songwriter aspect of RA).

Other interesting unreleased records are the Elizabethtown Sessions and all the Love Is Hell B-sides, rarities, and alternate sessions.

All are :ahem: available here.

thanks!

What is that message board about? I see someone is fearless about posting download links to albums that are commercially available.

I found that place to be wild, unruly, unethical and unmoderated. Not a friendly place, but I enjoy the podcast.

From Jambands.com:

Ryan Adams to Return to Music?

ryanada_ms

As some readers may recall, in January Ryan Adams declared that he is parting ways with the Cardinals, giving up music for the time being and moving from New York to France. Since that bold blog post, Adams has changed his tune a bit, marrying actress Mandy Moore and reportedly relocating to Los Angeles to be near his new bride. Adams has also shifted from blogging to Tweeting and recently posted a note on his Twitter account that he is