The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wondered about that too. If it is fake, then someone is imitating him pretty good I'd say.

yeah, and it links to yet another web address that links to stuff of his.

i wonder how much he pays a year on licensing url's.

Screw him. I'm two for two on him up and leaving in the middle of a show.

I've had mixed experiences with him. The first time I saw him, probably about six years ago, he was amazing. When I traveled almost four hours to see him four years ago, he threw a hissyfit and got booed off stage. I'm glad I went to see him when he was an hour away last fall, though. I just know I'll never travel more than that to see him again, though, because it's not worth the risk.

What the hell is "pizza inspired"? I just started listening to the Whiskeytown records again. That time of year. They always hold up to me. I love them.

• 4 weeks later...

I like so much of Ryan's post Whiskeytown output, but "Stranger's Almanac" is never going to NOT be my favorite work of his. I would love to put together a crack band and front it just to sing Whiskeytown covers.

• 2 weeks later...
You didn't buy those books, did you?

haha, yes. the price does seem kind of steep, however, i paid $70 for the Infinity Blues/ Sad American Mythologies signed books and they're going for $200+ on ebay now. they're def. nice investments especially since they're all numbered and include signed chapbooks that will never be published again.

Jim Morrison did this with 3 of his poetry books and those go for $8,000-$15,000 now. not that i'm comparing Morrison to Adams or anything. :pirate

edit- i forgot to mention that i enjoyed reading his first book as well. its quite dark, makes Love is Hell look like an early Mandy Moore album.

I heard the content was pretty bad.

i can see why people would be turned off while reading it. i didn't like it at first. it took me a while to get into it but once i did, it all clicked. its def. not Walt Whitman or Allen Ginsberg, then again, modern poetry should be different from poetry of the past.

I wish he would go back to making good albums.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but Cardinology hit me in a big way. I've always believed Ryan is one to those people who goes at things full blast and has crazy energy when he does. So he went crazy in the negative self destructive direction and I felt connected to the energy of his positive vibes on Cardinology. I can honeslty say in a completly biased manner that he has never put out an album that disapointed me. I am also a Ryan Adams fanboy.