So is Florida State going to be able to field a team on New Year's Day?

I can hear the crowd chanting now. WATERBOY, WATERBOY, WATERB......

Up until 1997, the chant around the stadium used to be "S-O-Y-B-E-A-N-S", but was shortened to "O-H-I-O" because it was confusing Andy Katzenmoyer.

True story. I just read it on Wikipedia.

Ok, that is just plain funny. Yeah, I'm a Michigan fan so that probably has something to do with it. And I'm sure that UM has had it's fair share of stupid ones, I mean hell, we even had a linemen get busted "pleasuring" himself on peoples porches. But even OSU fans have got to admit that Katzenmoyer was pretty lacking in his mental capacity.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

■ J-Train staying: Javorskie Lane, a junior, said he will stay at A&M for his senior season. Lane said he thought about going into the NFL draft, "but my degree is more important to me right now."

09-27-2006.NS_27aggies.GF91VV1EE.1.jpg

Ok, that is just plain funny. Yeah, I'm a Michigan fan so that probably has something to do with it. And I'm sure that UM has had it's fair share of stupid ones, I mean hell, we even had a linemen get busted "pleasuring" himself on peoples porches. But even OSU fans have got to admit that Katzenmoyer was pretty lacking in his mental capacity.

Eh, I'm an OSU fan and its still funny. If you can't poke fun at your own team from time to time, what fun is it?

I met a fair amount of football players while I was in school at OSU. For the most part, it was about what you'd expect--ranging from some pretty bright guys to some maybe not so bright ones. But that guy just seemed to bring the curve waaaay down.

Seems like we're always hearing about the bad decisions and pathetic actions of some athletes, just thought ya'll might like to see this. From what I could find this is most certainly true.

GEAUX TIGERS

There is a little boy named Michael V. Conger. Michael is in St. Jude's hospital battling cancer. Three days ago he received this blog on his web site.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2007 10:19 PM, CST Hey Michael, I recently saw your story and wanted to have the honor to write in your guest book. My name is Ciron Black. I am the left tackle for the LSU tigers football team, im also number 70 and I saw you wearing that jersey number, that's a great number by the way:). You know some people see us as heroes because of how we play but the truth is people like yourself are the real heroes. I see all the small problems I face are nothing compared to the hardships that you may go through. God has a plain for all of us and for some reason he put it on my heart to write you tonight...if it is at all possible I would love to talk to you. My number is #%$^%^&$#% anytime day or night if you need someone to talk to. Hang in there buddy and just know that anything is possible through Christ.

Your Friend,

Ciron Black

P.S. I would love to write your name on my wrist tape as I get ready to take the field on Jan. 7th for the national championship. Let me know if that is ok.

Michael's family, who lives in Prairieville, called and met up with Ciron to take pictures and thank him for his support. Ciron gave them a football signed by the entire team. I don't know about you, but this is the kind of player I want representing LSU in the NC. Maybe Ivan Maisel needs to read this since he has no respect for our football players and the type of men that Coach Miles has on his football team.

P.S. I would love to write your name on my wrist tape as I get ready to take the field on Jan. 7th for the national championship. Let me know if that is ok.

Is this some sort of elaborate scheme meant to humanize LSU and make it more difficult to build up a deep-seated loathing for them in the buildup to the game? :brow

If so, it kind of worked. Good show.

Is this some sort of elaborate scheme meant to humanize LSU and make it more difficult to build up a deep-seated loathing for them in the buildup to the game? :brow

If so, it kind of worked. Good show.

Pretty hard getting anything passed you 1/423. You may get back to loathing the tigers.

It is pretty nice hearing some of the good things these kids do.

I don't know if God has a plain, but I wouldn't be surprised if He had a plan...

Excellent work getting that take home point out of the story.

also worth noting:

The quarterback position is a concern for many Ohio State fans these days, ever since Tressel stunningly revealed that Boeckman's backup, Robbie Schoenhoft, has been working out at tight end. That means third-stringer Antonio Henton -- suspended earlier this season before pleading guilty to a minor misdemeanor -- apparently is now the backup for the bowl game.

That sneaky little (sweatervested) devil! Henton has been a forgotten man ever since he went trying to pick up a hooker at Kroger a few months ago. I've got a strange hunch he might see some action in the championship game. It would be ballsy to bring him into that kind of environment cold after sitting out much of the season, but it just might be genius!

see above :rolleyes

The funniest part about that was the article I read was "ESPN Confirms", I'm going to hold out about even considering this until I hear something from a more reliable source.

I'm sure OSU has plenty of talent to fill that spot. Hell our starting senior QB hasn't been healthy since VaTech, missed the SEC Champ game, and who knows if he'll be healthy enough for the NC game.

Honestly...I would love nothing more than for both teams to be completely healthy and ready to go for Jan 7th.

Agreed. Ideally, it would be nice to see both teams line up at full strength and see what happens. Especially for the guys who have been banged up, I hope the time off is enough to heal up reasonably well.

The suspensions for OSU are disappointing. I don't know the circumstances behind it yet (don't even seem to be rumors yet on the OSU blogs), but there are echoes here of Troy Smith getting suspended for the Alamo Bowl a couple years ago after his breakout season. :frusty

So, only 31 more bowl games to go. Nice. I remember a time where it actually meant something to go to a bowl game.

I heard a great stat yesterday on ESPN radio. There have been 81 different teams in college football that have won bowl games since the last time Notre Dame won one. I love it.

OSU player suspended from championship game for rule violation

By RUSTY MILLER, AP Sports Writer

December 20, 2007

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio State backup cornerback Eugene Clifford will not play in the BCS national championship game against LSU after being suspended Thursday for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Columbus station WCMH-TV and The Columbus Dispatch reported earlier that Clifford, a freshman, and starting cornerback Donald Washington had both been suspended for the game on Jan. 7 in New Orleans.

The school released a statement later stating only Clifford would be suspended.

I have no idea what the broken rules were, but apparently it was only severe enough to suspend the backup, not the starter. :lol

So, either rumors of Washington's alleged involvement in whatever it was were inaccurate (hope so), or else this may come out appearing kind of shady and they may have just created a nice pre-game distraction for themselves. Way to go, guys. :hmm

I heard that Washington actually didn't violate rules or whatnot, just that dude.

Regardless, I'm happy, because Washington is a nice cornerback.

edit: Rodriguez is a douchebag. He could at least honor Carr by letting the assistants run contracts through. It's the least he could do, in my opinion.

edit: Rodriguez is a douchebag. He could at least honor Carr by letting the assistants run contracts through. It's the least he could do, in my opinion.

Wrong. Rodriguez is going to install a whole new system ... why would he retain coaches who aren't familiar with it? To "honor Carr"? That's a good way to throw away a whole season.

Prior to this season, Carr made sure that all of his assistants were signed to two-year contracts, because he knew he'd be retiring at the end of the year. Previously, the assistants had worked on one-year contracts. Carr was merely making sure that these guys had a one-year safety net in case they didn't find jobs elsewhere after this season. In other words, this move was anticipated.

Prior to this season, Carr made sure that all of his assistants were signed to two-year contracts, because he knew he'd be retiring at the end of the year. Previously, the assistants had worked on one-year contracts. Carr was merely making sure that these guys had a one-year safety net in case they didn't find jobs elsewhere after this season. In other words, this move was anticipated.

Exactly. Throwing the whole staff on the scrap heap looks like a dick move on the surface, but the guy is brining in a new system that requires a complete overhaul--at least offensively. Personally, I would tend to value the current D (underachieving as it may be) over whatever RichRod is likely to bring in. But who knows? Maybe those of us who tend to think that offensive-minded coaches don't care about D will be proven wrong. We'll see.

For those of you who turned the channel on the Motor City Bowl because Purdue was leading Central Michigan 34-13 at the half, you might want to change it back. CM put up 28 in the third, and later tied it at 41. It is now 48-41 Purdue with around 8 minutes to play.