Tommy Bowden's showing a lot of class here:

The Ray Ray McElrathbey story is a special one. The Clemson reserve tailback gained national fame for taking custody of his 11-year-old brother Fahmarr in 2006, then received a rare waiver from the NCAA that allowed him to get assistance from the university and the public in taking care of his younger brother and still maintain his football eligibility.

On Saturday, Clemson announced that McElrathbey, who has two years of football eligibility remaining, was going to graduate in August and was no longer a member of the team.

Now the truth. Tiger tailback James Davis says McElrathbey didn't have a say in the matter. The coaching staff decided not to renew McElrathbey's scholarship for the 2008-09 season.

"He said something about how they weren't going to renew his scholarship," said Davis, who has known McElrathbey since their high school days in Atlanta. "It really surprised me. But there's a lot of stuff you can't say. It's something I guess everybody has to learn to live with."

Why is Clemson doing this, especially to a player

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad it wasn't Spurrier this time. We have enough trouble with our players getting arrested every week.

Isn't that Garcia guy that got in trouble drinking last year supposed to be your starting QB this year or is it that Smelley dude?

Isn't that Garcia guy that got in trouble drinking last year supposed to be your starting QB this year or is it that Smelley dude?

Smelley. Garcia isn't even 2nd on the depth chart. Word is that he isn't the brightest when it comes to learning the offense.

Smelley. Garcia isn't even 2nd on the depth chart. Word is that he isn't the brightest when it comes to learning the offense.

Humm...I saw a Sports Stars of Tomorrow show featuring him, and he's way big into Conan and D&D. Yeah, he didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the strand. BTW, I might be attending USC this fall.

Humm...I saw a Sports Stars of Tomorrow show featuring him, and he's way big into Conan and D&D. Yeah, he didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the strand. BTW, I might be attending USC this fall.

He has a kid, too. Back in Florida. That was the talk in all the papers this week. Well that and some walk on getting arrested.

Attending USC huh. Does that mean you will actually pull for the Gamecocks?? Or will you wear a Georgia shirt to all your classes? :lol

He has a kid, too. Back in Florida. That was the talk in all the papers this week. Well that and some walk on getting arrested.

Attending USC huh. Does that mean you will actually pull for the Gamecocks?? Or will you wear a Georgia shirt to all your classes? :lol

...what do you think :shifty :cheekkiss :yay

Heh. Let's not be hasty here. :P

I just like messing with you guys. God, you guys salivate at the mention of that guy's name! Its creepy. :lol

homer-drool.gif

my MSPaint skills need some work, but you get the idea.

You don't scare me. I'm 6'8", 350 lbs., and they call me "Tiny"

I didn't mean me. I was referring to all the rednecks you'll be going to school with. They don't take kindly to outsiders, especially ones from Georgia.

I didn't mean me. I was referring to all the rednecks you'll be going to school with. They don't take kindly to outsiders, especially ones from Georgia.

That's what I meant. To put the word out not to mess with me. Yee Haw!

Pryor to tOSU.

Damn.

I don't hate Michigan by any means (nor do I like tOSU), but my current status as West Virginia citizen requires me to jump for joy over anything that gets into the way of Rich Rodriguez's success, I hope you understand.

--Mike

That's what I meant. To put the word out not to mess with me. Yee Haw!

Hey, if you do end up coming to school here I'll take you to some bball games. Can't get any SC fans to go with me. :lol

Cool! I took the bf to a few games this season and he wore his UVA shirt. We only got a few looks. Probably not the same as wearing a UGA shirt, though. :lol

Probably doesn't help that I have a giant "G" tattooed on my forehead :stunned

tOSU fans shouldn't get to excited about Pryor. After watching the news last night and seeing a clip of his press conference, he apparantly is going to UOOS (University Of Ohio State).

I guess he's not too bright period...

Gamecocks' freshman QB charged, fined

Garcia's underage drinking rap follows a pattern

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published on: 03/24/08

South Carolina's highly touted freshman quarterback Stephen Garcia on Monday paid a fine for underage drinking, marking his third run-in with police in about a year.

Garcia, 20, was one of three football players arrested Saturday for underage drinking near a campus dormitory, according to campus police tickets.

"He doesn't make any excuses and did not want to put the

fans and the university through this and have more negative attention brought towards him or the school," Garcia's attorney Neal Lourie said Monday.

Garcia's brother was charged with giving beer to a minor.

Garcia enrolled early at South Carolina to get a jump start on spring practice but was suspended from the team a year ago after two arrests. In February 2007, he was charged with drunkenness and failure to stop for a police officer. About a month later, he was charged with malicious injury to personal property after a professor reported that Garcia had used a key

to scratch the man's car.

Garcia has previously successfully completed a pretrial intervention program to clear his record of misdemeanor charges.

An athletic department spokesman did not immediately know Garcia's status with the team. After practice Monday night, coach Steve Spurrier said he would leave Garcia's fate up to university officials.

"We just have to wait and see," Spurrier said. "His fate is out of my hands. ... He's had a lot of chances here, and we'll see what happens."

Garcia was to miss Monday night's practice for academic reasons, spokesman Steve Fink said.

Also charged with underage drinking Saturday were offensive lineman Heath Batchelor, 20, and walk-on quarterback Zac Brindise, 19. They were scheduled to appear in court next month.

School telephone listings for Batchelor and Brindise were not in service.

Police responded to students' complaints of loud music in the dormitory courtyard, university spokesman Russ McKinney said.

McKinney said all three players would go through the university's student disciplinary system.