Obama Is Not a Muslim

I know democrats who have definitely slandered McCain's military career.

OK where in the general public consiouseness has this occurred? Maybe a few idle rantings on message baords, but nothign organized likke the whole Obama/Muslim fakeness. And yes that was an organized mainstream deal as it was very powerfully pushed on Fox News and oother media outlets when it began, enough so that it is now as accepted by the right as the famous never occuring Al Gore "I invented the internet" quote.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, a recent study finds that Americans are easily distracted by loud noises and shiny things.

thank you! i did not know this! :lol

Is being Muslim against American law now? Really, is being a conseravtive Christian fundamentalist evangelical nut job what it takes to be president today?

Obama said, ""Let's make clear what the facts are: I am a Christian.Let's make clear what the facts are: I am a Christian." He was raised by a christian mother. As far as him attending a mosque 2 times with his step-dad when he was a kid, get over it please.

Obama is a Christian, and unlike the McCain/Palin camp, is not using this to win the election and hide lies behind.

No one who worries about that does so "legitimately." It's either ignorance or bigotry, probably both.

To be fair, a fair number of Muslims make it easy for folks to view their religious beliefs, and how they choose to express them, with suspicion

Didn't Obama spend time as a kid in indonesia (attending a muslim school?)

No, he attended a secular school in Indonesia.

] Wasn't he involved somehow in Kenyan tribal politics which were pro-muslim?

No.

] Are he and Louis Farakhan close friends?

No.

Isn't his middle name Hussein?

Yes, but who cares?

He says he is christian and that's enough for me. But at the same time I can understand why and how Americans could be questioning his position with the muslim faith.

Why?

Again, I do not believe he is muslim and I'm not trying argue this but what I am saying is the Democrats had to know that all of his past, ALL of it, would come into play at some point. Just as McCains age and rage would for the Republicans. You can't be surprised......can you?

Which parts of his past though? The stuff that actually happened or the made up parts?

Is being Muslim against American law now? Really, is being a conseravtive Christian fundamentalist evangelical nut job what it takes to be president today?

Obama said, ""Let's make clear what the facts are: I am a Christian.Let's make clear what the facts are: I am a Christian." He was raised by a christian mother. As far as him attending a mosque 2 times with his step-dad when he was a kid, get over it please.

Obama is a Christian, and unlike the McCain/Palin camp, is not using this to win the election and hide lies behind.

Well put. It seems like a large segment of the population wants a theocracy.

The whole His middle name is Hussein thing is getting old, it is obvious that they try to pin gult by association on Obama unfortunaltey the Association is simply a name. Hey now isn't John McCains name John? Wasn't John Gacy's name john as well as John Dillinger, John Wilkes Booth and isn't Jack a nickname for John so John McCain/John the ripper...jack the ripper/jack McCain. See how fing stupid that sounds? the whole Hussein thing sounds just as lame.

Well, it's probably because people legitimately worry that he might be a Muslim. That might be why they persist.

What constitutes legitimate worry?

Bobbob, not sure I saw an answer to Norbs' Q, so I will post others' instead.

True, but it's still intolerance and prejudice. There are nut jobs of every creed.

Thank you.

If by "fair number" you mean "small minority," then there's some truth to this -- but at that point, you could also easily substitute "Christians" for "Muslims" in that statement.

Thank you

The whole His middle name is Hussein thing is getting old, it is obvious that they try to pin gult by association on Obama unfortunaltey the Association is simply a name. Hey now isn't John McCains name John? Wasn't John Gacy's name john as well as John Dillinger, John Wilkes Booth and isn't Jack a nickname for John so John McCain/John the ripper...jack the ripper/jack McCain. See how fing stupid that sounds? the whole Hussein thing sounds just as lame.

One of the most trusted and beloved pediatricians in Des Moines is Dr. Hussein. He's from India and he's a Muslim. Also happens to be a well-respected doctor.

Makes me think, though... Does anyone still use the surname Hitler? I don't think it was as common of a German name as Hussein is Arabic, but anyway.

Makes me think, though... Does anyone still use the surname Hitler? I don't think it was as common of a German name as Hussein is Arabic, but anyway.

I read an article a few years ago about some people with the last name of Hitler living in New York.

Or you agree with some politician's opinions more than others and allow that to shape your view of their "dangerous-ness".

That's my guess.

Is Karl Rove a Democrat? Was Lee Atwater?

Obama is allowed to accuse the mccain camp of spreading the muslim stuff, but people can't then turn around and accuse his people of spreading the early Palin daughter rumors.

the rumors of Palin's 5th child possibly geing her daughter's began earlier this year, long before she was announced as the VP pick, fwiw