• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad that Owen's home, and that Logan's getting the care he needs. Poor babies. And poor parents. You're right about parenting not being for pussies. That's scary stuff.

Much love to your family.

Aww. That rots. I'm pulling for you and the boys.

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Kev, sorry to hear about that - sounds pretty dreadful. But fortunately it sounds like you guys are pretty on top of it and the long-term solution will be positive, which is ultimately the most important thing. These little buggers are pretty damn resilient and can bounce back in no time!

Hang in there! Hope he's feeling better soon! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Keep on keepin' on man. :thumbup Everything will be ok - everyone is in good hands, just keep a good thought as much as you can.

At some point all of our young 'uns have had a scare at a wee age. It all turned out fine in the long run.

Vibes sent up the interstate to you all.

Aw, Kevin, that's horrible, but your baby boys will be better soon. You have all of Via Chicago pulling for you! Try to get some sleep & take care of yourselves. I'm sending every bit of get well vibes I can drum up.

Keep us posted, Pop. It'll be ok. :cheekkiss

Lots of vibes for fast healing and better sleeping for your little guys, your wife, and you, El Ron. {{{{vibes}}}}

Keep us updated if you can. You are so right...parenting isn't for pussies...but both kiddos are obviously getting the love and care they both need thanks to you and your wife and the hospital staff. In the mean time, hang in there, things will be better soon. :)

My brother just went through having one of his young twins in the hospital with pneumonia. She was up dancing and skipping at a Christmas party a few days later. Scares the hell out of you, though. Hang in there, El K. :hug

These are the times that try parents souls. My son spent three days in the hospital when he was one, like a limp little rag doll, with a fever of unknown origin. Three days of 104 fever and they just didn't have a clue what was wrong ... very scary stuff.

Sending healthy baby reunion vibes your way.

thanks, guys. i just spoke w/ a nurse and while he sounds better (no wheezing) his oxygen levels are still low...they tried to ween him off the O2 last night, but he dipped back down again and they put him back on it at a reduced amount. he was getting another nebulizer treatment when i called. owen is still sleeping upstairs, probably cranky from me giving him an inahler treatment at 4 in the morning.

{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}} to both boys and you and your wife as well. Hospital stays for little kids are awful.

I think my twins were younger than yours, maybe 16 months when they both got a virus (rotovirus) that caused constant diarrhea and puking so they quickly got dehydrated and ending up in the pediatric intensive care unit with little IV's and their little arms taped to boards. I think we sat there holding them for 3 days taking turns as to who had to hold the heavy one.

I hope Logan gets to come home soon.

The twins, who got progressivley sicker over the weekend starting Saturday morning, were admitted to the ER after a visit to our doctor. Long story short, they released Owen w/ bronchitis and pink eye, but Logan was admitted to the actual pediatric unit w/ pneumonia. He