Glad It's Over

Well,

This song is amazing!!! I downloaded this off of iTunes using my xmas gift card at 3am. Unfortunately, you can't buy the single song and Wilco is the best thing on this soundtrack. I was psyched to have a new Wilco tune and this did not disappoint especially after the 30 second Amazon.com sample.

The lyrics I had to write down because they are so fantastic. This song definitely is a distant cousin of Hate It Here.

I realize there is a lyrics section on here, but I didn't know if it would be checked for this song so soon.

These are some of Jeff's best lyrics in here. If anyone here hears something different let us know. Enjoy.

Glad It's Over

I don

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, as much as I love every other b-side, I'm really not a big fan of this one.

Whether it's good, bad, or indifferent would anyone be kind enough to PM me and help a UK-based fan to get hold of this ? We can't get it through Best Buy, iTunes, Zune or any other source that I can find.Thanks .

yes, we Europe people are very tired of all these US only tracks. The same thing happened to me recently with the Amazon bonus tracks of the Gary Louris solo record. We are just not ALLOWED to buy them in ANY FORMAT. And now it happens with a Wilco song ! All american help will be very much welcome. Thanks.

If I find a link, I'll toss it up here for those of us who are penalized for living in a country other than the U.S.

(Although I'm certainly one of the many folks hereabouts who refuse to pay for an entire set of reruns for just one new song on general principal. iTunes betta check itse'f before it wrecks itse'f!)

Wh? No, I didn't hear anything. Probably the dog. Maybe the wind. Hmm.

http://download.yousendit.com/2C76AF9C0F8E1DF4

(Somebody please circulate this if the link gets ganked. I likely won't be around for a bit.)

Thanks for the link, I hope all is well and hurry back.

As for the song, well, I'm sorry to report I'm not loving it at the moment - though that could certainly change with repeated listens - at the moment, it sounds like a fairly disposable b-side.

Thanks for the link, I hope all is well and hurry back.

As for the song, well, I'm sorry to report I'm not loving it at the moment - though that could certainly change with repeated listens - at the moment, it sounds like a fairly disposable b-side.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I can get behind the sentiment, but compared to other Wilco B-sides and even other "break up" songs in the bands canon like Cars Can't Escape or most of Summerteeth it feels pretty light.

--Mike

If I find a link, I'll toss it up here for those of us who are penalized for living in a country other than the U.S.

(Although I'm certainly one of the many folks hereabouts who refuse to pay for an entire set of reruns for just one new song on general principal. iTunes betta check itse'f before it wrecks itse'f!)

elbo.ws :shifty