Glad It's Over

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed the first attempt at humor - due to the fact that there were naughty bits in it. And, I would not want to post anything NSFW, or post links to commercially available Wilco tracks or anything like that.

Gracias por el archivo.

Hmm...not a great song but it has a groove. I like the double-tracked vocals at the beginning. In my opinion, any one of the b-sides is better than Leave Me (Like You Found Me). I'm not a fan of Wilco's foray into adult easy listening.

Gracias por el archivo.

Hmm...not a great song but it has a groove. I like the double-tracked vocals at the beginning. In my opinion, any one of the b-sides is better thanLeave Me (Like You Found Me). I'm not a fan of Wilco's foray into adult easy listening.

man, I can't stand that one either. I could do with out it, and Shake it Off.

yes

do we know each other?

no but I assume you're using the "wha?" as a question type thing, making my statement wittier than you're giving it credit for.

I've always found Aman too be one of the most consistently entertaining borders here, and seriously it's not that difficult to use the search function.... I think Orson hit the nail on the head, Wilco is really starting to sound like a "Super Sounds of the Seventies" compilation, which isn't in and of itself a bad thing, but these songs don't quite have the same resonance as their earlier material did for me.

man, I can't stand that one either. I could do with out it, and Shake it Off.

I agree with you on Shake it Off, that's probably my least favorite song in the band's catalog, but I kind of like Leave Me Like You Found Me. It's got a pretty nice arrangement, it's not structured entirely around a Nels solo, the keyboard parts are pretty cool, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's solid.

--Mike

analogman, don't take this wrong way. But whenever you show interest in something it shocks me...I guess I don't expect you to be human.

I know, isn't it great? If he ever takes interest in something I say I think I'll feel pretty damn smart...or something like that.

I'll be Glad It's Over when people stop referring to me as in-human. Although I did point out something to someone yesterday, I don't think I have been spending my time here pointing out threads for people - as of late.

Thanks for the up.

I didn't like Leave me like you found me at first, but now I enjoy it quite a bit. I don't think there is a bad song on SBS.....or any other Wilco record for that matter. The worst Wilco song is still better than the best Bon Jovi song.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, well, regardless of what I or anyone else has said,

After a week of including this in my regular listening, this song is not bad at all.

It's certainly not their best song, but it's not bad under any circumstances. It's catchy, and has a pretty good groove.

I don't know, I'm just not convinced it's so horrible.