• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

story.versace.gi.jpg

Sweet Jebus...I was eating lunch.

Remember:

DO NOT POST NSFW PICS.

That one is simply NSFV

Please, they are not major trend setters. "Many modern bands" was the quote, your response was a skeleton crew of artists, although you get points for the National.

Once again, great band, I like them quite a bit, but the environment here obviously makes them more than what they truly are.

You seem a bit...angry.

I assume You do understand that this is a fan board devoted to all things Wilco.

There is nothing wrong with hyperbole and fan adoration; however, I hardly think this board is haven for your typical 'fanboy'.

There are more that a few uberposters here who express their boredom with the band. (I wish they would be bored somewhere else, but it's not my place to front them up.)

All I can do is speak to what I think and feel.

I have found myself drawn into the Wilco web most involuntarily. I discovered AM right after it came out and have been along for the ride ever since. Met a friend who was heavily into the "Y'allternative scene" and he hooked me up with several boots and live recordings that further drew me in. Now I am a fervent torrenter and even broke my years long aversion to crowds to attend a Wilco show last year. I find Tweedy's writing to be expressive, personal AND impressionistic. Not a Dylan...Not a Springsteen...just a Tweedy...and that is more than enough.

I discovered Ryan Adams with GOLD and was instantly a fan. Those who peg him as solely an AltCountry/Gramm Parsons wannabe are really missing the mark. From Heartbreaker to Easy Tiger he has proven to be a glorious mess. He reminds me of a living example of the WHITE ALBUM...alternatley wonderfully sloppy to remarkable polished. He could use some self editing, but I appreciate the fact that he is a WORKING ARTIST.

I fhink any supposed rivalry is very tongue in cheek these days. Imagine the fun if Ryan Adams started taking potshots at Jay Farrar....

Being a fan of both Wilco and Ryan Adams (who have gone down very separate roads musically since the y'allternative days), I'm personally getting a kick out of how worked up everyone is getting over this. Seriously? If Wierd Al would've been the one talking about Wilco in designer clothes on that video no one would have given a damn...

Ryan Adams is clearly better at wearing argyle sweaters than anyone in Wilco, with the possible exception of Pat, who of course apprenticed under Ryan during the recording of Heartbreaker.

it was disappointing how few windmills there were on that album