Wilco in designer clothes

Tesla = Nikolai Tesla, not a good google fight

Come on man, I used Stryper the first time.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not true... the Flaming Lips have outsold Wilco, and the Shins and Arcade Fire are very close to it. Sonic Youth might have as well, i'd have to double check Soundscan. but they're certainly a more well known name than Wilco and are referenced quite often in pop culture.

and you're 24, you don't get to pull the age thing, sorry

The Flaming Lips I MIGHT buy, but somehow I doubt it.

The Shins HAVE NOT outsold Wilco. Wilco's at 2 million in the U.S. The Shins I doubt have crossed 750k for the U.S.

The Arcade Fire don't even have a gold record yet, and you're caiming they've outsold them?

you have access to soundscan, get the figures.

The Flaming Lips I MIGHT buy, but somehow I doubt it.

The Shins HAVE NOT outsold Wilco. Wilco's at 2 million in the U.S. The Shins I doubt have crossed 750k for the U.S.

The Arcade Fire don't even have a gold record yet, and you're caiming they've outsold them?

you have access to soundscan, get the figures.

Arcade Fire have sold 3.5 million albums worldwide, it's possible Wilco is ahead of them overall, but they also have a crapload more albums than Arcade Fire too... i didn't claim they had sold more, i said they were close, reading comprehension is a good thing.

Wincing The Night Away went Gold, their other 2 records are just shy. the Garden State soundtrack went platinum.

That's bullshit counting Garden state for The Shins sales, Kyle. You and I both know that doesn't count for them.

Yankee Hotel's Gold as is Being There.

AGIB is over 300 units.

Summer Teeth is at about 275k

A.M. at about 200k

Dunno for KT and SBS.

Wilco's outsold The Shins.

That's bullshit counting Garden state for The Shins sales, Kyle. You and I both know that doesn't count for them.

AGIB is over 300 units.

A.M. at about 200k

Dunno for KT and SBS.

Anyone who bought Garden State knows who the Shins are.

Google fight:

Wilco + Scarves: 22,700

Green Day + mascara: 206,000

I rest my case.

AGIB is over 300 units.

A.M. at about 200k

Dunno for KT and SBS.

and Wilco have been around how long compared to The Shins?

read again, i never said they outsold Wilco, i said both the Shins & Arcade Fire are likely very close

Arcade Fire have sold 3.5 million albums worldwide, it's possible Wilco is ahead of them overall, but they also have a crapload more albums than Arcade Fire too... i didn't claim they had sold more, i said they were close, reading comprehension is a good thing.

3.5 million? Source?

Do we have Wilco Worldwide figures?

3.5 million? Source?

Do we have Wilco Worldwide figures?

Source = i work for the band :)

that was as of November 2007

as for Wilco, dunno, it's probably close though. Arcade Fire are hardly even close to a household name either to be honest. neither band are necessarily "big", but Arcade Fire's name certainly has had more buzz from 2004 on.

Man I can almost guarantee you that the Arcade Fire have sold more than 500,000 records.

Neon Bible has shipped 500k, so not sure how long it takes for the RIAA to update their website or not.

Funeral was just shy of 400k about a year ago.

and Wilco have been around how long compared to The Shins?

Which is EXACTLY why Wilco is a more well known name imo; they've cemented a reputation over the past 13 years among music fans.

What will really count is how many people still care about The Shins 13 years after Oh, Inverted World, or will still care about The Arcade Fire 13 years after Funeral.

The only thing I've agreed with you about thus far are Sonic Youth being a bigger pop culture name than Wilco.

well, i know it may be blasphemy, but i'd take Funeral over any Wilco record (although YHF & Being There are certainly close), so i don't really care what music fans think of Arcade Fire in 13 years, it's already made a huge impact on me and that's all that matters.

Which is EXACTLY why Wilco is a more well known name imo; they've cemented a reputation over the past 13 years among music fans.

What will really count is how many people still care about The Shins 13 years after Oh, Inverted World, or will still care about The Arcade Fire 13 years after Funeral.

The only thing I've agreed with you about thus far are Sonic Youth being a bigger pop culture name than Wilco.

How many people care about AM right now?

well' date=' i know it may be blasphemy, but i'd take Funeral over any Wilco record (although YHF & Being There are certainly close), so i don't really care what music fans think of Arcade Fire in 13 years, it's already made a huge impact on me and that's all that matters.[/quote']

BLASPHEMY.

to quote Jeff:

"You're wrong. Out!" haha.

well, i know it may be blasphemy, but i'd take Funeral over any Wilco record (although YHF & Being There are certainly close), so i don't really care what music fans think of Arcade Fire in 13 years, it's already made a huge impact on me and that's all that matters.

Wow, that is blasphemy.

I think Funeral has quite a few clunkers. I'd take at least YHF and Summer Teeth over Funeral.

Wow, that is blasphemy.

I think Funeral has quite a few clunkers. I'd take at least YHF and Summer Teeth over Funeral.

ah the beauty of personal preference :monkey

taken out of context of the record, there are 2 songs on Funeral that don't stand well on their own (Backseat and Crown of Love), but within the context of the full album they both work well for me. I could take or leave 3 songs on Summerteeth and 1-2 on YHF.

length of time bands have been around isn't any less of a factor in what makes a band great than album sales, neither really mean shit in the grand scheme.

i'd rather have a band come in and make a huge impact in a short amount of time (Beatles, Pixies, etc.) than bands who far overstay their welcome (Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.).

some of my favorite bands/artists of all time only released 1-2 albums.