What's the price of gas where you are?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Maybe there could be some way to surreptitiously hook up all the treadmills, ellipticals and stairmasters at the nations many gyms to generate electricity. Then, you could get people to PAY you to let you sell electricity back to the power grid ...

That would never work. Can you imgine the size of extension cord you would need? However, the "stray cat powered car".......now that has a chance.

Sorry I'm from Illinois..our tax here is stupid crazy and so when I go to work (in Iowa) I get gas there...but Illinois in my area has 89 cheaper too...I'll have to start keeping track of where it's different.

Do you have ethanol in your gas or not?

Just reading the paper:

The federal motor fuel tax is 18.4 cents p/g. In Iowa, the motor fuel tax is 20.7 cents p/g until July 1, when it will be increased to 21 cents p/g. The federal taxes on diesel are slightly higher. The fed govt charges 24.4 cents p/g and Illinois charges 21.5 cents p/g. Plus there is the motor fuel tax of 37.5 cents and the IL sales tax is 6.25% of the sale price of the product...

I've watched gas going up .03 to .05/day for the past week...it was up to $3.95 last night. :( I expect it to be over $4 today though, in time for summer travel/long weekend. It's really depressing.