• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not BSing you, bro. Every single one of your shots has been top fucking notch.

But still, my favorite was that shot of Tony Iommi's hands. That one is incredible.

EDIT:

This one

p535217072-5.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had those first three tapes. But I was never much of a Megadeth fan.

Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (1985)

Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (1986)

So Far, So Good... So What! (1988)

I didn't go through all thirty pages of this thread, but I've always thought the original lineup of Dio (RJD, Vivian Campbell, Vinnie Appice, and Jimmy Bain) and and their first album Holy Diver was a peak of heavy metal. It fell apart pretty quickly after a pretty good second LP, but for a brief time, this metal band was killing it.

I prefer Dio when he was in Rainbow, or the first Sabbath album he did (Heaven and Hell). But - those first two Dio albums are alright. I recall seeing the video premiere of The Last In Line back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

518J0s7tf1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My fave Sabbath just released on 180g Vinyl, remastered with all orignial packaging duplicated. From all accounts this was their personal "white" album if you know what I mean.

$21 on amazon

518J0s7tf1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My fave Sabbath just released on 180g Vinyl, remastered with all orignial packaging duplicated. From all accounts this was their personal "white" album if you know what I mean.

$21 on amazon

I figured Rhino would get around to releasing those eventually. I have original pressings of all the Sabbath albums up through The Mob Rules. Bill Ward's drumming on Vol. 4 is incredible.

Black Sabbath Online states that nothing official has been put out there so far.

Tony Iommi Comments on Today's Posts:

I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another.

Stupid interwebs

Stupid interwebs

well it doesn't sound Iommi is saying it's not gonna happen...he's being vague enough to give me hope.

http://www.birminghampost.net/life-leisure-birmingham-guide/birmingham-culture/music-in-birmingham/2011/08/17/black-sabbath-we-re-not-saying-there-s-no-reunion-says-iommi-s-manager-65233-29253794/

• 2 months later...

It they hadn't already done Load, Reload, St. Anger and that one with the orchestra, I would say Metallica was jumping the shark.

NOW they are well into the realm of being an embarrassing Caricature of the self-important Rock Band.

Metallica IS Spinal Tap.

Wow it's pretty fucking awful.

And not generic awful, more like watching a homeless guy getting his bags caught in a revolving door kind of awful.

That put an ENTIRELY different picture in my mind than the one you probably intended.

heh heh heh

• 2 weeks later...

Black Sabbath Plots Press Conference; New Album To Come?

All four Black Sabbath original members will reunite for a press conference on Nov. 11 -- but will the heavy metal icons announce a new album?

According to Rolling Stone, the long-disbanded group have dubbed the event a "special announcement at the same location where the influential band made their Los Angeles debut on November 11, 41 years ago."

That location is Los Angeles' Whiskey a Go-Go, where the band will make the announcement at 11:11 a.m. Henry Rollins, no stranger to the Whiskey stage himself, will host the event.

In October, frontman Ozzy Osbourne told Billboard.com new material was "a very, very strong possibility. It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet."

His remarks followed an August report in the Birmingham Mail that the group was writing new material. Guitarist Tony Iommi said in a statement at the time that he had been "speculating" in his reported quotes, but did not refute them.

The original lineup has toured sporadically over the last two decades, but has not released a studio album together since 1978's "Never Say Die." Not that they haven't stayed busy: Osbourne released his latest book, "Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy," on Oct. 11.

I suppose this is the best thread for this one. I had a real pleasent nostalgia trip last night when I pulled out a couple of 'Great White' records from my collection. Thoroughly enjoyable. 'Hooked' and 'Twice Shy'. Anyone else remeber these guys?