"somewhat inaccurate" is putting it mildly.

Do you have a link to the supposed list of books to be banned? I had searched and searched on this and was never able to find it. The librarian herself said she was never given a specific list, I only knew of the "what if" question that sounds like it was essentially posed as a loyalty-test. Frankly, that's distasteful enough on its own.

If a list never existed, its a pretty ingenuous tactic to suggest that there's a fake one floating around there somewhere. (and by now I'm sure there is) But, yeah, the whole thing is pretty he said/she said and therefore pretty pointless to pursue. Its just hard to find things to talk about when she has only really given one speech and won't come out of her bunker until people agree to play nice.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They want change, but not too much... I hope these Bush people prepare her for the debate too, because Bush was always so prepared and so skilled at the debates. If she has that Bush smirk during the interview you know it will have been money well spent by the McCain camp. But overall, why would she need such intense preparation if she is so highly qualified to be vice president?

Veterans of Bush team prep Sarah Palin for TV interview

By Jim Rutenberg And Monica Davey

New York Times News Service

8:40 AM CDT, September 11, 2008

Two weeks ago, People magazine was granted an exclusive interview with Sen. John McCain's new running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, who spoke about motherhood and career, life in Alaska and the historic nature of her candidacy.

She has not given an interview since, eschewing the traditional route for a vice-presidential nominee to take to the television news interview circuit immediately after being chosen.

Palin will break that media blackout for the first time on Thursday, when she will begin two days of interviews by the ABC News anchor Charles Gibson, whose dispatches from her home state will be shown on "World News Tonight," "Good Morning America," "Nightline," and, finally, Friday night, in prime time on "20/20."

They'll use a cardboard cutout of Charles Gibson during the prepping -- but no one will be able to tell the difference between cardboard and the real thing -- except the arc the real one will put on the softballs he lobs to Palin.

but we should all assume so, correct?

You can assume whatever you want. Given the climate of corrpution that hhas pervaded the republican party while in power I would say it is a safe bet. As to her being a political appointee seeing her connection directly to the white house and knowing that nearly every move this adminsitration made was partisan the old sayig if it looks like aduck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is probably a duck...

Do you have a link to the supposed list of books to be banned? I had searched and searched on this and was never able to find it. The librarian herself said she was never given a specific list, I only knew of the "what if" question that sounds like it was essentially posed as a loyalty-test. Frankly, that's distasteful enough on its own.

If a list never existed, its a pretty ingenuous tactic to suggest that there's a fake one floating around there somewhere. (and by now I'm sure there is) But, yeah, the whole thing is pretty he said/she said and therefore pretty pointless to pursue. Its just hard to find things to talk about when she has only really given one speech and won't come out of her bunker until people agree to play nice.

There was no list. At the time, depending on which story is to be believed and how much is has been spun, she either simply inquired about the policy to remove books from the shelf or looked into actually going through the process. Either way it dooes nto sit well with people who don't like this sort of thing.

There was no list. At the time, depending on which story is to be believed and how much is has been spun, she either simply inquired about the policy to remove books from the shelf or looked into actually going through the process. Either way it dooes nto sit well with people who don't like this sort of thing.

don't all libraries remove books at one time or another? how many libraries carry ALL books that are in print?

don't all libraries remove books at one time or another? how many libraries carry ALL books that are in print?

It depends - banning books, and selling/sending books to remote storage is not the same thing, of course. Although, I have heard of cases where storage issues were used to ban books.

i assume obama is a muslim.

Like I said you can assume whatever you want. You can assume that Osama Bin Laden and Obama and Biden is not a coincidence but a signal that the master plan is about to be enacted. You can assume obama is a muslim or a radical christian. You can assume he is simply a celebrety like Palin or too inexperienced to do anything. You cann asusme whatever you like because it makes no difference in your view of him.

Oh, you got me there, yeas libraries sell books that don't get checked out, they toss books that are worn out, they move books in and out all the time for practical reasons. But when it comes to removing them because one person fiinds the content objectionable that is where the problems begin. But keep your contrarian spinning going, eventually you will get dizzy.

that's my point. is there evidence of her banning books?

There is no evidence of her banning books because it was not within her powers. What there is is anecdotal evidence that she explored the process for getting objectionable books removed from the local library's shelf. If true the notion is very unsettling.

What there is is anecdotal evidence that she explored the process for getting objectionable books removed from the local library's shelf. If true the notion is very unsettling.

Like I said you can assume whatever you want.
i couldn't care less what his religious beliefs are. i'm not voting for him because i'm a laissez-faire capitalist.

What if he were a laissez-faire capitalist and a muslim?

Although I am apt to watch only the Retro TV Channel these days, last night I clicked on CNN and Chuck Norris was on Larry King talking about his new book:

Black Belt Patriotism: How to Reawaken America

At some point, Chuck said some stuff about how we are not dealing with the issues - right after he said that, Larry played the lipstick pig video twice, and asked Chuck his view of that. Funny stuff. I think Arina Huffington, and Ari Fleischer, were on also.