Ok, I'm breaking my own rule for one post. In watching just a little bit of her "interview", I was reminded of the time when I was just starting out in my career and I tried to make a huge leap from entry-level web developer at a little marketing company to basically running the show at a high-profile e-commerce site. I passed the initial interview with flying colors thanks to keen BSing ability, but the follow-up technical interview conducted by one of the lead developers remains, to this day, the single most devastatingly brutal smackdown I have ever received in my professional life. Every little thing I managed to BS my way around the first time was painfully exposed and after 10 minutes I apologized for wasting their time and hung up the phone.

Frankly, that's the kind of interview I need to see all of the candidates go through. Especially Palin. But Obama, too. McCain would no doubt get all squirmy having to explain his last 8 years. Biden might actually fare the best in that kind of interview, although he is easily the least glamorous of the candidates on the tickets. I dunno, its just a thought.

I'd say Obama is the only candidate in the race that has been faced that sort of tough, vetting interview. It was administered, on numerous occasions by Hillary Rodham Clinton.

He stood up to it and handled it, while the Republicans were so afraid of her, they would do anything not to have to face her in November.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an opossum. Hopefully Harris was taking lessons on how to play dead.

(EDIT) I'm trying to imagine the AP cutline: "Katherine Harris (right), ... "

Forgive me for this has nothing to do with Palin but has anyone ever eaten opossum? It is greasy. Or greezy, as I used to say. On second thought, it probably does relate because Harris probably dressed that 'lil marsupial right after and fried it up.

has obama ever been interviewed on these subjects? i'm seriously asking. if i've missed it, i'd like to see/read it.

Those specific questions? I have no idea. He gives so many interviews and has been speaking in public so long that it all runs together. I didn't see it, but I am sure ORiely was fairly soft and non-confrontational with Obama. With her this is it thus far.

Forgive me for this has nothing to do with Palin but has anyone ever eaten opossum? It is greasy. Or greezy, as I used to say. On second thought, it probably does relate because Harris probably dressed that 'lil marsupial right after and fried it up.

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

:lol I am jacks..., I was young. Hell I am a former FFA president and judged cuts of beef in competition! I'd never eat opossum now unless starving...
Those specific questions? I have no idea. He gives so many interviews and has been speaking in public so long that it all runs together. I didn't see it, but I am sure ORiely was fairly soft and non-confrontational with Obama. With her this is it thus far.

yeah, i've seen a fair number of his interviews. i don't remember him giving any answers appreciably better than palin's here (aside from the being able to see russia one). although his speaking ability and presentation are certainly much better.

It's about the same as muskrat but not as good as rabbit.

yeah, i've seen a fair number of his interviews. i don't remember him giving any answers appreciably better than palin's here (aside from the being able to see russia one). although his speaking ability and presentation are certainly much better.

Of course you don

This didn't require an interview, but you might find a few of his answers somewhere in this essay to the Council on Foreign Affairs last year ...

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20070701faes...leadership.html

immune to him giving better answers? not true.

obviously, an essay is a completely different thing than a televised interview. i'm sure you wouldn't accept a quality essay from palin.

Immune as in - you come across as every bit as blindly partisan as the others side you continually accuse of being blindly partisan. Your post history, to date, reflects little more than a fondness for sarcastic non-sequiturs

immune to him giving better answers? not true.

obviously, an essay is a completely different thing than a televised interview. i'm sure you wouldn't accept a quality essay from palin.

You mean like televised debates? Where the interviewer isn't lobbing softball questions? Quite right, not the same at all. Obama has done that.

Given Obama's track record, he has spoke on these issues over the past two years. It hasn't been confirmed yet that Palin can write, though the confidence is high. That said, if he is recorded as author, and the costs of reputation of not being able to stand behind it, I'd give him props that he can defend his positions.

And I assume, from your quick reply, that you're not even going to bother to read it? Attempt to shoot holes in it? Calling him out on it is pretty freakin' empty if you have no intention of even exploring his opinion.

Careful there guy, I think that's the political ground crumbling under your feet.

Immune as in - you come across as every bit as blindly partisan as the others side you continually accuse of being blindly partisan.

i'm pretty partisan, yes. i don't think blindly though. i was seriously asking about any obama foreign policy interviews. if you don't believe me, i guess we'll leave it at that. i'm not interested in convincing you of my sincerity.

Your post history, to date, reflects little more than a fondness for sarcastic non-sequiturs
You mean like televised debates?

no.

Where the interviewer isn't lobbing softball questions?

yes.

Quite right, not the same at all. Obama has done that.

done what? debate? yeah, i know about those.

Given Obama's track record, he has spoke on these issues over the past two years. It hasn't been confirmed yet that Palin can write, though the confidence is high. That said, if he is recorded as author, and the costs of reputation of not being able to stand behind it, I'd give him props that he can defend his positions.

i was specifically interested in one-on-one interviews with a journalist.

And I assume, from your quick reply, that you're not even going to bother to read it? Attempt to shoot holes in it? Calling him out on it is pretty freakin' empty if you have no intention of even exploring his opinion.

no, i probably won't read it. i'm not calling him out. just asking a simple question.

i'm pretty partisan, yes. i don't think blindly though. i was seriously asking about any obama foreign policy interviews. if you don't believe me, i guess we'll leave it at that. i'm not interested in convincing you of my sincerity.

i do like the sarcasm, yes.

You don

no.

Why not? Doesn't a debate hold any value? If not, what do you base your opinions on? Does the RNC just send you tubs of pablum and you lap it up dutifully?

i was specifically interested in one-on-one interviews with a journalist.

Thousands. It's complete stupidity to ask that question because you know better. Oh wait, if you close your eyes tight, and plug up year ears, then, no, nope, Obama's not saying anything.

no, i probably won't read it. i'm not calling him out. just asking a simple question.

No you're not. Joe nailed it. You were dumb enough to try to turn it around, because that's one of few silly-assed responses you cling to throughout these threads.

Don't ask a simple question if the simple answer is slapping you on the forehead. Or rather, if you have no intentions of listening to -- or hearing -- the answer.

I think that one dude is kind of witty.

Of course I like to go against the grain in these political threads.