• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story makes me think of Save The Tiger (1973):

Oil brokers sex scandal may affect drilling debate

By H. JOSEF HEBERT, Associated Press Writer 3 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - A scandal involving sex, drugs and

A-man I was just getting ready to post this link http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/washingt...amp;oref=slogin when I saw your story.

Thhis is the sort of stuff that has to go. These people have all kinds of excuses and all kinds of rationale for doing what they did, but the truth is rules are rules and they knowingly broke those rules. I work with the IRS daily and to even go to lunch with me (2x in ten years) they have to go up their chain of command to get permission. These people working in the royalty area to my mind simply abused their positions because they wanted to and did not think they would get caught. Here are a few more names to add to the January 19th presiidential pardon list.

Are there any pics around of these oil skanks?

Drill, baby, drill? :unsure

trees5.jpg

Note: It was really difficult to search for images with kewords "drill", "girl", "oil", etc. without coming up with stuff that I really shouldn't be looking at at work.

She'll eat up Biden.

Well, come visit me Jules and we can watch together. It's in my home state in less than a month, St. Louis to be exact. I was personally invited.

We can watch a six-term senator & chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee, adored by many world leaders, with decades of public service & policy experience, take on a snotty small time mayor & first-term governor that hates dirty books but gives dirty looks. :dontgetit

Well, come visit me Jules and we can watch together. It's in my home state in less than a month, St. Louis to be exact. I was personally invited.

We can watch a six-term senator & chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee, adored by many world leaders, with decades of public service & policy experience, take on a snotty small time mayor & first-term governor that hates dirty books but gives dirty looks. :dontgetit

I'll have to pass.

They want change, but not too much... I hope these Bush people prepare her for the debate too, because Bush was always so prepared and so skilled at the debates. If she has that Bush smirk during the interview you know it will have been money well spent by the McCain camp. But overall, why would she need such intense preparation if she is so highly qualified to be vice president?

Veterans of Bush team prep Sarah Palin for TV interview

By Jim Rutenberg And Monica Davey

New York Times News Service

8:40 AM CDT, September 11, 2008

Two weeks ago, People magazine was granted an exclusive interview with Sen. John McCain's new running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, who spoke about motherhood and career, life in Alaska and the historic nature of her candidacy.

She has not given an interview since, eschewing the traditional route for a vice-presidential nominee to take to the television news interview circuit immediately after being chosen.

Palin will break that media blackout for the first time on Thursday, when she will begin two days of interviews by the ABC News anchor Charles Gibson, whose dispatches from her home state will be shown on "World News Tonight," "Good Morning America," "Nightline," and, finally, Friday night, in prime time on "20/20."

The sessions could be the first test of Palin's ability to parry substantive questions on foreign and domestic policy, and as she flew back to Alaska on Wednesday, she brought with her a squad of McCain's top policy advisers to help her prepare. In a broader sense, the interviews will also provide fresh material for what is now an intense war between the campaigns to define Palin in the public mind, a battle that both campaigns consider potentially critical to the outcome of the election.

"The fight is over how she is going to be defined in the eyes of the American public," said Terry Nelson, McCain's former campaign manager. "She's been introduced, but all the information about her has not been introduced, and once that information comes to light people are going to draw conclusions about her, and the campaigns are fighting to shape the conclusions."

With new reports coming out daily about Palin's record in Alaska, and a steady uptick in attacks from Sen. Barack Obama's campaign, McCain's team has issued a partywide, all-hands-on-deck.

It has hired several veterans from President George W. Bush's campaigns, making them part of a team dedicated to defending Palin from unsubstantiated rumors on the Internet, Democratic attacks and, no less important, potentially damaging news reports about her record produced by the hordes of investigative journalists now in Alaska.

"She's a dynamic agent for change, the Democrats recognize this and there is this race now to paint a picture of her which is not true," said Brian Jones, who resigned as McCain's communications director in 2007 but returned this week to help in the effort to bolster Palin.

McCain's campaign released an advertisement on Wednesday accusing Obama of trying "to destroy" Palin, and featuring images of scavenging wolves and an assertion that Democratic operatives are researching Palin in Alaska. (The advertisement cited a report by FactCheck.org that was critical of "completely false" attacks on Palin, but failed to note that the report was referring to rumors on the Internet not linked to Obama's campaign.)

Yet the McCain campaign is regularly battling reports from news organizations that have the potential to undermine the image that it has presented of Palin as a reformer who, for instance, shares the senator's unfriendly views toward federally funded, pet spending projects known as earmarks.

On Wednesday, a new report emerged on Politico.com that detailed Palin's requests for federal appropriations as governor, including money for studies on the mating habits of crabs and the DNA of harbor seals

. . . and those that support Obama most likey are annoyed by Palin's dirty looks.
. . . a snotty small time mayor & first-term governor that hates dirty books but gives dirty looks.

i guess i'm out of the loop with regard to dirty-look-gate. did i miss something?

Just so I'm clear, everyone involved in the corrupt oil broker sex scandal thing was a Republican right?

Just so I'm clear, everyone involved in the corrupt oil broker sex scandal thing was a Republican right?

Does it matter? Its a colorful and entertaining news item. For now, I'll say "yes" to your question. If that answer turns out to be untrue later and you call me on it, I'll just roll my eyes disapprovingly and wonder why you insist on living in the past. Agreed?

It does nto say that anywhere that I could tell. Even though the story does not say it explicitly I'm assuming that since her husband works in the WH at least the woman in charge was a politcal appointee. The rest I have no clue about now.

It might be noted that the email that was posted here (re: banning books, etc.) by the resident of Wasilla was somewhat inaccurate. http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

She was never a memebr of the AIP but her husband was right up until she announced her canidacy for Gov. The NYT story that claimed she was a member was going by what they were told be AIP people. Either way though should she be held accountable for comments made by the leadership of the AIP since they were close associates of her husband?

It does nto say that anywhere that I could tell. Even though the story does not say it explicitly I'm assuming that since her husband works in the WH at least the woman in charge was a politcal appointee. The rest I have no clue about now.

but we should all assume so, correct?

Does it matter? Its a colorful and entertaining news item. For now, I'll say "yes" to your question. If that answer turns out to be untrue later and you call me on it, I'll just roll my eyes disapprovingly and wonder why you insist on living in the past. Agreed?

OK, and I should assume that all involved were interviewed by the Executive branch correct?