• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lovin it. Seems like most of VC has a better grasp on the Bush Doctrine than Ms. P

Yeah, ok. I'm not too impressed with her in this Gibson interview. But, who does he think he is? Is this how he interviews everyone?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/11/m...n_n_125743.html

Does he seriously think anyone believes his bullsh*t?

Watch McCain about a minute and a half into the tape, when he's asked what National Security credentials Sarah Palin has. He replies "energy." The reporter goes, no, I asked you about national security. McCain then says that Alaska is close to Russia. They're amazing.

to be fair, Obama is just as bad.

Wow, Palin came across worse than I thought she would. She really has no clue about foreign policy. Russia invaded Georgia unprovoked? And she didn't even know what the Bush Doctrine is?!? That's something her kids are probably reading about in their history books already.

This feels like some sick episode of 'are you smarter than a 5th grader?' :no

sad thing is, i doubt it matters to most voters. i'd like to think they care, but i doubt they will.

Wow, Palin came across worse than I thought she would. She really has no clue about foreign policy. Russia invaded Georgia unprovoked? And she didn't even know what the Bush Doctrine is?!? That's something her kids are probably reading about in their history books already.

Give her time. She hasn't been fully in-doctrine-ated yet.

My impression of the interview is based on hearing it and not seeing it, so I have no idea how she came across visually. But verbally she was horrible. She seemed robotic in some answers and on others she sounded like she was searching her mind for the correct response, almost like when you try to answer an essay question on atest, you know the answer the teacher wants but you have write something anything while the answer coagulates in your mind. She would start talking and you could almost hear the gears grinding as she racked her brain looking for the answer. As to Gibson being hard on her? Not really, he seemed to give her a lot of lattitude with her answers and did ot follow up on the obvious gafffes (including his own with the Bush doctrine which is about preventative war not pre-emptive war). But at least he didn't ask her questions like Keith Ellision was asked. If people think she shoudl be eased into the process and the press shoudl give her a pass I say bunk because she is running for VP if anything the press needs to be hard on her and all the candidates.

Gibson is one of the easiest, most complacent, most deferent interviewers on TV, which is exactly why he got the interview.

It was like being "grilled" by your slightly incompetent high school guidance counselor. :monkey I was never a Palin fan to begin with, but I found her truly scary during this interview. I could have voted for McCain pre-Palin, but now - absolutely not. But maybe I'm sexist?

Charlie Gibson is obviously sexist, and no doubt, liberal. How dare he question her understanding. McCain said she's good enough, Bill O'Reilly told me she's great so why do I even think about it. This liberal beating up on a poor hockey mom is horrible. Her son is going to Iraq afterall. Didn't you see it all over the papers? She makes me so proud. Then that Biden guy sends his kid off, too, trying to horn in on her important mother moment.

Here's the leash. Can we go for walkies now?

My thoughts precisely

My impression of the interview is based on hearing it and not seeing it, so I have no idea how she came across visually. But verbally she was horrible. She seemed robotic in some answers and on others she sounded like she was searching her mind for the correct response, almost like when you try to answer an essay question on atest, you know the answer the teacher wants but you have write something anything while the answer coagulates in your mind. She would start talking and you could almost hear the gears grinding as she racked her brain looking for the answer. As to Gibson being hard on her? Not really, he seemed to give her a lot of lattitude with her answers and did ot follow up on the obvious gafffes (including his own with the Bush doctrine which is about preventative war not pre-emptive war). But at least he didn't ask her questions like Keith Ellision was asked. If people think she shoudl be eased into the process and the press shoudl give her a pass I say bunk because she is running for VP if anything the press needs to be hard on her and all the candidates.

We will of course interpret the interview through our own politically slanted lens, but to answer your question, physically and visually, imo, she came across as nervous, which of course, is to be expected, but also, somewhat angry

If people think she shoudl be eased into the process and the press shoudl give her a pass I say bunk because she is running for VP if anything the press needs to be hard on her and all the candidates.

has obama ever been interviewed on these subjects? i'm seriously asking. if i've missed it, i'd like to see/read it.

Until she has something legitimate to bring to the table, I'm done with her.

Ok, I'm breaking my own rule for one post. In watching just a little bit of her "interview", I was reminded of the time when I was just starting out in my career and I tried to make a huge leap from entry-level web developer at a little marketing company to basically running the show at a high-profile e-commerce site. I passed the initial interview with flying colors thanks to keen BSing ability, but the follow-up technical interview conducted by one of the lead developers remains, to this day, the single most devastatingly brutal smackdown I have ever received in my professional life. Every little thing I managed to BS my way around the first time was quickly and painfully exposed and after 10-15 minutes I apologized for wasting their time and hung up the phone.

Frankly, that's the kind of interview I need to see all of the candidates go through. Especially Palin. But Obama, too. McCain would no doubt get all squirmy having to explain his last 8 years. Biden might actually fare the best in that kind of interview, although he is easily the least glamorous of the candidates on the tickets. I dunno, its just a thought.