It's time for a New Election Thread

You're so dean on.

How silly of anyone to doubt Obama's abilities to handle potential international problems!

did you even read what you posted fully? or just grabbed it from your mail folder labeled "OBAMA DIRT"?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use taxes are inherently unfair to a huge majority of the population as are flat taxes.

No I do not work to reduce the effective tax rate for any clients now or in the past. The rate is what it is after taxes are calculated (both deferred and current). I work to help them calculate the correct tax liability they should be paying, though now I work for a fortune 50 company so I have a client base of one. And my job is to help achieve the lowest possible tax working within the current laws.

And complex as it is, yes the current system is much much better than flat and use tax systems which will raise taxes for most of the people in our country, i.e. the middle class. Is it the best system? I don't know and I won't know until the alternatives are shown.

So let me get this straight: your career is based on the tax code being complicated, and you don't want to simplify it?

Translation:

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

* Fear

Speaking in Seattle on Sunday, Biden said he could guarantee that the world will want to find out if Obama is up to the job, which he assured voters he is.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

The Delaware senator's remarks were the second of their kind over the weekend. At a fundraiser in San Francisco, Biden said Obama's challengers will "find out this guy's got steel in his spine" when he is tested.

Speaking in Seattle on Sunday, Biden said he could guarantee that the world will want to find out if Obama is up to the job, which he assured voters he is.

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking," Biden said.

"Remember I said it standing here. if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough -- I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen," Biden continued.

The Delaware senator's remarks were the second of their kind over the weekend. At a fundraiser in San Francisco, Biden said Obama's challengers will "find out this guy's got steel in his spine" when he is tested.

great.

I actually think that this little thread in this little message board pretty closely approximates the electorate. I apologize if I left out anyone -- let me know and I'll edit with your preference.

Righties (for the most part):

Tweedling

Jules

Ikol

BleedOrange

JakobN

kwall

2cool (or whatever it is :lol)

Centerists/Independents

JUDE

BB1313

Uncle Wilco

Lefties:

FHF

Solace

Flick

Louie

PATM

I actually think that this little thread in this little message board pretty closely approximates the electorate. I apologize if I left out anyone -- let me know and I'll edit with your preference.

Tweedling

Jules

Ikol

BleedOrange

JakobN

kwall

Centerists/Independents

JUDE

BB1313

Lefties:

FHF

Solace

Flick

Louie

PATM

Sweetheart

Edie

JNick

Aman

Put me down as a secessionist, or a true American.

Tweedling

Jules

Ikol

BleedOrange

JakobN

kwall

Centerists/Independents

JUDE

BB1313

Lefties:

FHF

Solace

Flick

Louie

PATM

Sweetheart

Edie

JNick

Aman

I guess you got me correctly pinned, though I did vote Green Party for U.S. Senate on my absentee ballot. :ninja